Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Third Reich Steins?

Article about: This stein was much more worth without the engraving. Fakers are sometimes really stupied - I have seen very nice and valuable original watches and cigarette cases with attached "III Re

Question Third Reich Steins?

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and new to collecting. I'm most interested in collecting steins. I've looked through the forums and seen some examples of others who collect steins. I have a few questions.

1. What's the best place to look for steins for sale?
    2. I've looked through the forums. Is there a stein focused area? I hope I'm posting in the right sub-forum.
    3. I saw a Third Reich Float Plane Regimental Stein that looked amazing. How do I find more like that?

Also, I found an auction site selling a very unique stein. Where can I look to help determine the value/cost so I can compare it to other similar items? Here's a photo of the stein from the auction site.

Third Reich Steins?

Lastly, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or asking the wrong questions. I've done my best to do some searching and reading before posting. Thanks for helping a newbie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Steins?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Third Reich Steins?

Is this the only picture you have?
    It is hard to go by one picture.
    chris

Sure! Here are some others:
    Third Reich Steins?Third Reich Steins?Third Reich Steins?Third Reich Steins?

Here's a description from the auction:
    A massive beer stein communally owned by concentration camp guards at Flossenburg. The pewter stein stands 9 3/4" tall and is 5" wide, with a lid which tilts back towards the handle. The stein bears the original owner's name engraved upon the top with the date "1828". The stein was thereafter acquired by the guards at Flossenburg who engraved the following in German about the upper lip: "Our Ancestors' Bloodline is Germany's Greatest Treasure!"" adding beneath: "Squad Property - 2./SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann Flossenburg". At the front of the mug is a 2 1/2" dia. circle containing an image of a skull and crossbones with SS runes beneath. The knob upon the top lid is slightly knocked askance, else very good. Three companies of SS guards were stationed at Flossenburg, located in Bavaria.

Hello,
    Thread moved here...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Why would the Totenkopf face the wrong direction and not resemble the SS Totenkopf?

JPhilip: Thanks!

Octavian: Here's a closer photo of the totenkopf.
    Third Reich Steins?

Sorry but seems that someone just ruined a good old beer stein with modern engravings. If You are interested in such items (originals of course), visit German or Austrian fleamarkets or garage sales.

?

That looks remarkably like a modern addition on an old stein to make it more marketable.

Welcome to the forum too!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

this strikes me odd for some reason. the highlights of the Totenkopf's patina looks rather bright. After decades, the pewter on the burnishing should show more darkening IMHO. Consistency of the Sig Runes show no uniformity. Let the others chime in.

I would pass on it,I think post-war done from a old one.
    I do not like what I see.
    Auction house are full of fake .

chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast