Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Third Reich Table Medal

Article about: Need your help with this one. Not sure about it. Here's some photo's. The table medal is close to about 2 1/4" around. It feels kinda heavy. It reads GROSSDEUTSCHLANDFLUG. WIEN 9 APRIL

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    They all look original to me...Google Nazi Table Medals and you'll find them produced for everything from horsebreeding to bicycle-riding, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Which gave rise to the anthem of the Nazi Party, 'Horse-Wrestle-Breed.'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Table Medal
    P
    Many

I like the design and the medal, but have to admit that I'm abit unsettled by the appearance of the edges with the crumbly looking metal. I would have thought that a firm like Deschler would have abit better standards for their products than this. Personally, for this reason only, I would likely pass on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks good from here and appears to have been dropped on the edge maybe.

I would only invest money on a cased table medal in good shape, otherwise they just don't resell at a good price...For some reason I never took to collecting these as much...I really should study these some more, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I would only spend money on a cased table medal in good shape, otherwise they just don't resell well...For some reason I never took to collecting these as much...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes, always boxed and condition on these as well and the market allows for these to be found in boxes so that is the way you want them. Some of the political ones and rarer one can be taken without a box though. If its for breeding or pigeons? must be complete. Jmo

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Looks good from here and appears to have been dropped on the edge maybe.
    Ajax, that wasn't caused by any sort of impact, or there would be evidence of distortion elsewhere on the medal. The metal has to go somewhere. It either flaked away as a result of being poorly alloyed (it can also be caused by foreign metal making its way between the metal layers) or after residing in a very inhospitable place, such as the ground. That, or it was cast and the 'missing' metal is actually a flaw caused by the production technique.

I've collected coins and medals for years before I even touched any sort of militaria.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Ajax, that wasn't caused by any sort of impact, or there would be evidence of distortion elsewhere on the medal. The metal has to go somewhere. It either flaked away as a result of being poorly alloyed (it can also be caused by foreign metal making its way between the metal layers) or after residing in a very inhospitable place, such as the ground. That, or it was cast and the 'missing' metal is actually a flaw caused by the production technique.

I've collected coins and medals for years before I even touched any sort of militaria.
    Well? its not cast, neither are Nuremberg rally plate souvenir pieces. So maybe you have a propensity to think things are always cast, I don't know. But the medal is good from the pictures and its pressed or stamped like all the others.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Well? its not cast, neither are Nuremberg rally plate souvenir pieces. So maybe you have a propensity to think things are always cast, I don't know. But the medal is good from the pictures and its pressed or stamped like all the others.
    There's no need for personal comments, and medals aren't pressed or stamped; they're struck.

Quote by Erno View Post
    There's no need for personal comments, and medals aren't pressed or stamped; they're struck.
    Its not a personal comment, pressed, stamped, struck, whatever, its the same thing. The process of manufacture for these pieces and their types are well known and their not cast, yet you keep saying things are cast so they must be fake. Well, this is not cast its "Struck". They are also manufactured in assorted materials and can behave differently in regard to finish and how it reacts to its base metal and its hardness or softness, etc. So, there you have it.

Sculpted, cast, molded, struck, stamped...are all correct terms when discussing medals...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast