Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual Third Reich piece???

Article about: Ok I'm stumped on this one. I found this at an antique shop this morning. I have no idea what this is. It was with a small grouping of veteran bring backs. It measures 5" long by 4"

Default Unusual Third Reich piece???

Ok I'm stumped on this one. I found this at an antique shop this morning. I have no idea what this is. It was with a small grouping of veteran bring backs. It measures 5" long by 4" wide and is made out of some type of metal. It has three small legs? on it. The price was cheap so I took a gamble. I'm hoping someone on here can figure this one out. Never seen anything like it.Unusual Third Reich piece???Unusual Third Reich piece???Unusual Third Reich piece???Unusual Third Reich piece???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Third Reich piece???
    P
    Many

It's a trivet for a domestic flat iron.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

A stand for an iron?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Stand for an old fashioned metal iron, I would be very suprised if it has any connection with 3rd Reich Germany.

It looks to me like a cast iron "thing" to put a iron on. Does that make sense, lol? A stand to put the hot iron on, made in India. Not related to Germany on the third reich.

Dang it. They got me again! Wished I could have posted before the purchase. But at least I'm not out much $ and now I can try to find a TR ironing board and iron to go with it.

So much for the veteran bring backs story they told me. They got my $ though so I'll bet they are happy

?

Look on the bright side, you got a stand for your iron out of it with a funky Hindu symbol!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That's too funny! Thanks again. From now on I post here before I buy!

?

I guess one has to be "Older" to appreciate this as noted above Iron Stand. Im up in there in age and as a young soldier in Germany I was given one of these from my Mother in Law who went through the war married to a Heer First Sgt. - In the early days although they did have electricity(exspenvie/rare) they still used coal/oil ovens in the various rooms not only to heat the room but also the water so on ironing days they place the iron on the stove top to heat it and when using the iron they place it on this stand to turn the item they were ironing over etc- I learned something new. One has to remember that there was also a lot of "kitsch" produced throughout the III Reich.
    I would guess that in the UK they had something like this i,e a Iron stand(without the Swaz) but once again one would have to be a little older to remember this.

Didn't have all the modern comforts as we do today.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast