Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Uta v. Ballenstedt - original III Reich era or later?

Article about: Can anyone say, is this sculpture pre or post WWII made? It is made by Karlsruhe Majolika factory but this factory produced various items also after WWII.

Default Uta v. Ballenstedt - original III Reich era or later?

Can anyone say, is this sculpture pre or post WWII made? It is made by Karlsruhe Majolika factory but this factory produced various items also after WWII.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uta v. Ballenstedt  - original III Reich era or later?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uta v. Ballenstedt  - original III Reich era or later?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uta v. Ballenstedt - original III Reich era or later?

Frundsberg: It's probably genuine since it really has nothing to do with the Nazis and everything about Art. Uta von Ballenstedt ca 1000-1046, is one of the ten people whose life-size limestone sculptured likeness is in the Cathedral of St. Paul and John in Naumburg. During the 1920's photographer Walter Hege photographed her statue and the photo became a national rage, being reproduced in various forms and still is being reproduced. Her only association with the Nazis stems from her photograph being displayed in the July-November 1937 Austellung Entartete Kunst (Degenerate Art) as an example of worthy German art. That same year Walt Disney used her likeness for the princesses in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. She is frequently described as "the most beautiful woman of the Middleages." Is your example pre or post war? I don't know, it could have been made at anytime since the 1920s. That's a very nice example that you have. Dwight

I forgot to post this photo of Herr und Frau Ballenstedt. Dwight

Uta v. Ballenstedt  - original III Reich era or later?

Thanks for Your information. Actually I do not own this statue jet. I did some research in internet and yes, probably it is from the 1940-ies. As I understand there are catalogues of the Karlsruhe Majolika factory. But well, I like the statue anyway, pre or after 1945 made.