Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Very Questionable Cigarette Case

Article about: Hello everyone, didn't know what part of the forum to post this in... but I'm assuming a cigarette case is an accessory Anyways, today I purchased a very nice war flag and the guy threw in a

?

Default Very Questionable Cigarette Case

Hello everyone, didn't know what part of the forum to post this in... but I'm assuming a cigarette case is an accessory

Anyways, today I purchased a very nice war flag and the guy threw in a cigarette case for a reasonable price along with some other goodies but I am now questioning the case as it seems very off. It seems to have a wound badge on the cover but has no markings except a "made in germany" stamp that isn't very noticeable in the pics i'm posting. Any advice on wheter to just carry it around me and have a smoke or actually put it up in my collection is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Questionable Cigarette Case   Very Questionable Cigarette Case  

Very Questionable Cigarette Case   Very Questionable Cigarette Case  

Very Questionable Cigarette Case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Questionable Cigarette Case
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Very Questionable Cigarette Case

hi lucia, a lot of these items were made up for sale to troops serving in germany after ww2 , the made in germany stamp was put on export products after ww1 to some countrys, sometimes you can find fake daggers with the made in germany stamping. it could have been put together by a veteran or just to create a relic/fake. if you smoke its a nice case...paul

?

Thanks for the fast reply Paul. Maybe I'll polish it up then and use it as a wallet

Hello,
    tough to say anything regarding originality...but i like it.
    The black wounded insignia is the desirable "Legion Condor" variant, with WWI Stahlhelm and Swastika, i don't see any red flag about it. Nice cigs case....i would keep it f i were you.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

thanks for the feedback JPhillip. It is a very nice case I just really hate that "made in Germany" stamp on the back.

Someone has attached the badge to the case possibly because the pin was missing,
    or something along those lines. You never see original awards placed on
    commercially made products for personal use, even if they are
    period items.

I think the case is from the 50's or 60's.

If I still smoked, I'd use it !
    Regards,

Steve.