Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volkisch Art Wall Tile

Article about: Here's a cool piece of TR Folk art painted on a wall tile. It depicts a young Aryan Family. These tiles were probably part of a large mosaic and displayed in public buildings. Pieces like th

Default Volkisch Art Wall Tile

Here's a cool piece of TR Folk art painted on a wall tile. It depicts a young Aryan Family. These tiles were probably part of a large mosaic and displayed in public buildings. Pieces like this show Pagan influences such as the life rune on the cradle and sunflowers depicting the 3 phases of life. I'm kinda of a sucker for these off beat pieces!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkisch Art Wall Tile  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkisch Art Wall Tile
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Volkisch Art Wall Tile

Erich - Once more a great traditional period item

Heres a couple items that kind of follow suit in the folkish area -
    a plate welcoming the SAAR back to mother german, NSV plate mother and child and a WHW plate with a typical winter scene-

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkisch Art Wall Tile   Volkisch Art Wall Tile  

Volkisch Art Wall Tile  
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Erich - Once more a great traditional period item

Heres a couple items that kind of follow suit in the folkish area -
    a plate welcoming the SAAR back to mother german, NSV plate mother and child and a WHW plate with a typical winter scene-

Horst
    Hi, love the plates, those are really nice.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Nice tile very vibrant! How did you aquire it?

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Nice tile very vibrant! How did you aquire it?
    Thanks for adding those fantastic plates Horst that show the hearth and home and back to the soil scenes.
    Shadowwolf, it came from a collector friend who purchased it from a collector in Germany who picked it up at a flea market there years ago.

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Thanks for adding those fantastic plates Horst that show the hearth and home and back to the soil scenes.
    Shadowwolf, it came from a collector friend who purchased it from a collector in Germany who picked it up at a flea market there years ago.
    Hi Erich, I saw some of these at the village of Mettlach in Germany a few years back. I was on a tour of the Villeroy & Boch factory, their Mansion is in Mettlach and they made tiles like this is the 20's-40's.

Thanks for showing

Nice tiles, I have a V&B made tile from Danishburg which depicts a black cross with laurel wreath and shield of the Netherlands with a Dutch military helmet and date 10 to 14 Mei 1940 and voor het vaderland gevallen and Grebbe, I think the berg is missing from Grebbeberg - I got it from a dutch vet who was a prisoner over in Germany who fought in the battle, not sure if he painted it himself. Not able to post a picture as I don't have camera.

Thanks guys, pieces like this are a window into the culture and mindset of the era.

I have scaned two Reichpost Telagrams that follow a similar theme
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkisch Art Wall Tile   Volkisch Art Wall Tile  

Volkisch Art Wall Tile   Volkisch Art Wall Tile  

Thanks for posting those cards Operaman. yes, it was a popular theme of the 30's to get families on board with the new culture/religion of the new Reich. If anyone else has any examples, please post them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast