Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Volkswagen grundstein legung Pin help Please

Article about: I picked this up and then realized this was a frequently copied pin. I have seen several examples and not sure which is original and which is a copy. I also did not see any that had the whee

Default Volkswagen grundstein legung Pin help Please

I picked this up and then realized this was a frequently copied pin. I have seen several examples and not sure which is original and which is a copy. I also did not see any that had the wheel filled in with red. I saw filled red lettering on several items though. The pins are not worth much but I would like help figuring out if it is an original period item or not. My google zen has run out. I do like the weight and quality of the pin overall. I do not like the machine marks on the back and the fact the red in the wheel is a bit sloppy. All opinions and thoughts are appreciated.
    John

Volkswagen grundstein legung Pin help PleaseVolkswagen grundstein legung Pin help PleaseVolkswagen grundstein legung Pin help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkswagen grundstein legung Pin help Please
    P
    Many

Sorry to say John it's bad. It has the coffin shaped pin plate. I have one somewhere as well. If I remember correctly Bob Coleman stated the period made ones were done in plastic only? Best regards.

Brian

Previous post with Big Ned's reply pretty thorough, originals were referenced as being made of bakelite however which I still think is correct

VW Bettle pin badge-Fallersleben

Thank you Brian as I was suspect already. Good to know. Goes into the hall of shame.. much appreciated.
    John

Glad to help John. Speaking of Hall of shame. I think this was actually my first post or one of them. Sadly alot of great men contributed to it who are no longer with us. Best regards.

Brian

P.S Volkswagen got me TWICE also I have no idea where these things currently reside in my home?

opinions on various smalls