Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware

Article about: This is a set of flatware and a napkin from the home of Joachim Von Ribbentrop. These were removed by LT Col Edgar Stanton McKee (US Army) in 1945.

Default Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware

This is a set of flatware and a napkin from the home of Joachim Von Ribbentrop. These were removed by LT Col Edgar Stanton McKee (US Army) in 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware   Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware  

Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware   Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware  

Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware   Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware  

Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware
    P
    Many

Very nice. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quality pieces for sure.

This set is for sale.

Nice pieces, thanks for sharing!

I was researching my uncle, Edgar Stanton McKee, when I came across the thread below on items from Von Ribbentrop that he brought back from the war. He brought back other items besides these that were unfortunately stolen from a museum after he placed them there for viewing, including his overcoat. It’s surreal to see these surface and still in such great shape. Are they still available?

Interesting post jd mckee. So are you saying these table ware items were part of your uncle's collection? And if so, did he sell them or were they also stolen from the museum exhibit?

I believe these were not items that were stolen as he stated "other items besides these that were stolen".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry for the confusion, but Ralph is correct. I have no reason to think that these were a part of the collection, and I’m not sure we even know after all these years what happened to everything. Unfortunately all that were involved are no longer with us, and obviously at the time these items didn’t have the same relative value that they carry today. It’s great to see these items emerge though, and the fact that they’re still attributed to Uncle Stanton (as he was called by us) is a testament to the documentation chain that has persisted through the years. I’m a novice in this area, but appreciate the knowledge and diligence all of you provide to these priceless items. - JD McKee

Hi, thanks for nice pictures.
    I just want to share 2 pictures of a Ribbentrop napkin that I have.
    It´s from the hoard returned home by Lieutenant Colonel Howard E. Goldsmith Jr.
    No, I don´t use it with coffee :-).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware   Von Ribbentrop napkin and silver flatware  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast