Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS paintings

Article about: I have noticed on my travels around the internet there is alot of artwork of WSS soldiers in action. The pictures are very detailed and dramatic. Does anyone have any they can show? Here are

Default Waffen SS paintings

I have noticed on my travels around the internet there is alot of artwork of WSS soldiers in action. The pictures are very detailed and dramatic. Does anyone have any they can show?

Here are a couple of examples I have seen

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS paintings   Waffen SS paintings  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS paintings
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS paintings

Here are a couple more I have seen:

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS paintings  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS paintings  Waffen SS paintings 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS paintings   Waffen SS paintings  

Waffen SS paintings   Waffen SS paintings  

The old MG42 gunner is not looking too good.

Morris

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A few more
    Some of these illustrations are great works of art.

Lol - the first in post #3 reminds me of the
    stuff I used to draw in school.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

The last picture in post # 2 is by the artist Johnny Shumate. See here for a nice 200+ picture gallery of his work with military (and a few other) motives ranging from the ancient world to the present day:

Photos : Johnny Shumate's Portfolio

He is a fine artist, his work is crisply detailed

Nick

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The last picture in post # 2 is by the artist Johnny Shumate. See here for a nice 200+ picture gallery of his work with military (and a few other) motives ranging from the ancient world to the present day:

Photos : Johnny Shumate's Portfolio
    The artist certainly has put an extrodinary amount of time in research.
    Very nice work.

I have come across a few more bits of WSS artwork

Waffen SS paintings   Waffen SS paintings  

Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS paintings  Waffen SS paintings 

Forgive me for this one not being W-SS, but it's worthy of a place here I think!

It's one of 16 paintings that were personally owned by Adolph Hitler and that dissapeared at the end of the war. They were recently rediscovered in a convent in the Czech Republic.

It's called 'Remembrance of Stalingrad' by Franz Eichorst, an artist favoured by Hitler. Here is what was written about it in German Art Magazine 'Kunst dem Volk' prior to it's sale. They considered it a masterpiece.

“The pale colours, the splendid presentation, and the solemnity of the moment are emphasized in this picture, which has an almost monumental character. Although the painting demonstrates the artistic understanding of the painter and also his mastery of drawing, one forgets it all because of the artist’s splendid work, accepting it as obvious and given. That is probably the best that a painting can do.”

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast