MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

Article about: Hello to all forum members. I would like to know your opinion on this wall plate Adolf Hitler. High quality picture made ​​from iron ... but I have my doubts. best regards and th

Quote by Milindre View Post
    yes, several members of the WAF also said the same thing ... well, I'm afraid anymore with this piece .... lol
    Well, leave it be and wait for a complete example. Its up to 72 Euro now and it will top out at a net 125 in my book. I just ran his catalog and aside from medals and cloth that I have little expertise in the catalog for this type of material is very clean, the descriptions are even right. Do what your comfortable with and these are not rare by any means, these early ones are less common of course.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.
    P
    Many

IMO a original item.

Ajax thanks for your time ... and well, I do not know if longer go bid.

Just my experience...ive found Klaus Butschek to be an excellent dealer, a little expensive but good dealer

He is, indeed, one of the best sellers...but he's also been known to offer pieces that he should have known were bad. It's to his credit that he does listen, though, and immediately removes the items from sale.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    He is, indeed, one of the best sellers...but he's also been known to offer pieces that he should have known were bad. It's to his credit that he does listen, though, and immediately removes the items from sale.
    I have purchased several times in the shop Klaus. smooth and perfect, but they were always weapons. but these plates are out of my knowledge, so I feel the experience of Klaus. Still, I always like to hear other opinions of the items I'm buying.

?

If it's a fake, the quality is extremely high.

High quality, perhaps, but why go to the length the maker did to make fine detailing sharp and then go and put a cartoony eagle and crooked swastika on the tie? Also, I would have assumed that something of decent workmanship would have had a makers mark or at least a foundry imprint? This bust shows no sign or edge marks of ever having been mounted on anything and shows little if any age patina and exhibits red rust. It would not be for me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    High quality, perhaps, but why go to the length the maker did to make fine detailing sharp and then go and put a cartoony eagle and crooked swastika on the tie? Also, I would have assumed that something of decent workmanship would have had a makers mark or at least a foundry imprint? This bust shows no sign or edge marks of ever having been mounted on anything and shows little if any age patina and exhibits red rust. It would not be for me.
    Yes, I agree with you. Just as you say, is what I've seen on this board that does not fit me.

Quote by Milindre View Post
    Yes, I agree with you. Just as you say, is what I've seen on this board that does not fit me.
    Its a good thing to stay within your comfort level, and if your not comfortable don't buy. However, do not be swung by misinformation or criteria that does not apply. This was a wall plaque and was mounted on wood, wood is not going to leave marks on Iron. These are never foundry marked, none that I have seen and these were catalog items. The photos are shot in what appears to be a light box, this is hiding the color whatever it is so you cant see a patina. And red rust means squat as it appears so quickly that a change of location and some handling and you can have that in 30 days, might even wipe right off with an oil rag. It is a cheap catalog piece that was a plaque at one time and cast in the early days, it is proper in every respect from the photos that are provided and this is exactly what it is supposed to look like. So what one might expect to see is not the case nor should it be on this example.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast