Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

Article about: Hello to all forum members. I would like to know your opinion on this wall plate Adolf Hitler. High quality picture made ​​from iron ... but I have my doubts. best regards and th

?

Here is the link to a selection of catalog pages from a period sales catalog featuring plaques and other ornaments, kindly provided (once again) by forum member Jo Rivett via his website. Although this plaque isn't pictured, there are many similar examples shown. The eagle looks like the common Hoheitszeichen of the 1920s-'30s, so it may be a plaque meant to commemorate the Kampfzeit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.
    P
    Many

Quote by Erno View Post
    Here is the link to a selection of catalog pages from a period sales catalog featuring plaques and other ornaments, kindly provided (once again) by forum member Jo Rivett via his website. Although this plaque isn't pictured, there are many similar examples shown. The eagle looks like the common Hoheitszeichen of the 1920s-'30s, so it may be a plaque meant to commemorate the Kampfzeit.
    This is a 38 catalog and a good reference to have but all the pieces are tin plate and white metal, the good thing about these catalogs is that some of the pieces are not seen often and if you run into one it might look like a put together when its not, on a couple of them anyway. But like anything else you had a lot of people making this material and there are a lot more to be found as well and the materials can vary to boot. The one that opened here would be early 30's maybe 33-34. They used the material shown here earlier as well and they were doing crazy things with alloys and all kinds of metals. Their entire industry and industrial base was advanced across the board. Once you get to the war they back off of materials for the war effort and run this type of material more and more and even use polymers and porcelains. So god only knows what you may run into, but even your upper end of these catalog type pieces are below in most cases signature level or foundry identification.

If you like it, that's all that matters, I guess...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    This is a 38 catalog and a good reference to have but all the pieces are tin plate and white metal, the good thing about these catalogs is that some of the pieces are not seen often and if you run into one it might look like a put together when its not, on a couple of them anyway. But like anything else you had a lot of people making this material and there are a lot more to be found as well and the materials can vary to boot. The one that opened here would be early 30's maybe 33-34. They used the material shown here earlier as well and they were doing crazy things with alloys and all kinds of metals. Their entire industry and industrial base was advanced across the board. Once you get to the war they back off of materials for the war effort and run this type of material more and more and even use polymers and porcelains. So god only knows what you may run into, but even your upper end of these catalog type pieces are below in most cases signature level or foundry identification.
    Well, I'm not suggesting that the plaque in this thread is real, because I really have no idea at all. It doesn't look Polish, at least!

those plates that appear in the catalog, look like tin and iron sold, I do not block much that ... well, this no chrome or silver.
    I sent an email to klaus and this was his response:
    No problem.
    There are so many different makers of these pictures so you can never say which is standard.
    This one is iron. I was maybe mounted on a wooden base once. This is a lot heavier than the tin ones with silver finish. Different manufacturing time also.
    This one is a lot earlier.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If you like it, that's all that matters, I guess...
    Wagriff,

I think the truth matters most and I see these things all the time so not like their rare at all. But with new collectors quoting published scripture and reading internet forums its probably best to arm them with a reality of sorts. If I were to really want to see what this thing is about and take all questions out of the equation I would ask for a standard photo out of that light box and one where the screws are removed to see those mounts. But the piece itself looks correct and its surrounded by 1/2 dozen others that are correct all with proper notations and descriptions. The dealer means little to me in any case and its always the item I am looking at.

Ajax, I gave my opinion on it as I saw it. I've been in this hobby for well over 50 years and have seen countless and varied versions of Hitler wall plaques and busts. I do not like this one. You've made it obvious that you do not agree with my opinion with such phrases as what I mentioned "did not mean squat", etc. I have no intention of arguing with you over this. You've given your counter opinion and why. So now, it is all asked-all answered. The OP should have enough information now to make a decision.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Ajax, I gave my opinion on it as I saw it. I've been in this hobby for well over 50 years and have seen countless and varied versions of Hitler wall plaques and busts. I do not like this one. You've made it obvious that you do not agree with my opinion with such phrases as what I mentioned "did not mean squat", etc. I have no intention of arguing with you over this. You've given your counter opinion and why. So now, it is all asked-all answered. The OP should have enough information now to make a decision.
    Wagriff, I had no ill intent and the only statement I made to squat was red rust, not reflecting on you personally. 50 years or whatever amount of years we have are less important than material fact as to how an item is found. What one would think they would see is irrelevant to how they are actually found. No disrespect intended nor implied. Out here.

Not to beat a dead horse but I got additional photo's off Klaus for this piece. Its black, not only is it black but the screws are set for the countersink for the board it would be mounted on and the cast is 100% perfect. Does not get any better than this.

Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

Not to beat a dead horse but I got additional photo's off Klaus for this piece. Its black, not only is it black but the screws are set for the countersink for the board it would be mounted on and the cast is 100% perfect. Does not get any better than this.

Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.Wall plate - Adolf Hitler.

ohhhh ... fantastic friend. great find. my congratulations on your knowledge and help on the subject.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3