MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wall wooden eagle

Article about: Hi guys, a while back a seller I normally buy from presented me with this wooden eagle. Have no idea as to whether this is TR period or not. What are your views?, best regards, Juan

Default Wall wooden eagle

Hi guys, a while back a seller I normally buy from presented me with this wooden eagle. Have no idea as to whether this is TR period or not. What are your views?, best regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wall wooden eagle   Wall wooden eagle  

Wall wooden eagle   Wall wooden eagle  

Wall wooden eagle   Wall wooden eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall wooden eagle
    P
    Many

Hi guys, let me know if you need more pictures

Its been out in the market before and did not look like this as I remember. But if your not buying it as you stated on the other thread why do you care?. How do the wings attach? where are the seams for the wings? where are the joiners?. Good bird to stay away from.

Thanks mate, I do not intend to buy, but now after what you have stated will not buy it
    Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Its been out in the market before and did not look like this as I remember. But if your not buying it as you stated on the other thread why do you care?. How do the wings attach? where are the seams for the wings? where are the joiners?. Good bird to stay away from.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks mate, I do not intend to buy, but now after what you have stated will not buy it
    I was curious if you had no intention of buying it why were you posting it and wasting the dealers time #1. In addition the photos you would really need are not supplied and the wings need to come off. It could be right as wood birds obviously exist and they did spray them silver and have sen several. However the wings do not appear to seat properly and based on past examples should fit the breast at the joiner so that they fit the total area and you have space in both height and depth. The swastika is out of scale and looks like balsa and out of scale, so if it is real it may have been re-nazified. You will not really get a consensus on these anyway as they vary, so if you need that your not a buyer. Bird needs to come apart, if the wings are glued in its a walk away and if they come off thats the photo you want with the mount to the wing and the mount to the breast. Best your going to do is a maybe but I dont think its right and at thst point its price.

?

I also noticed "gouges" or lines behind the swaz.... Is that normal to see or is that a point of caution as well?

Edit - well i guess they look symmetrical at least....... ?..hmm?..

Quote by Duff View Post
    I also noticed "gouges" or lines behind the swaz.... Is that normal to see or is that a point of caution as well?

Edit - well i guess they look symmetrical at least....... ?..hmm?..
    The cuts or design is what makes me recognize the bird, if its the same bird it was not silver when I saw it originally. As it sits amd assuming its fixed together I would have to write it up with some skepticism amd price it accordingly. The construction itself would be multi piece and the wood to the rear looks o.k so chances are parts of the bird are right but there are no full shots of the rear showing any mounting configuration, how the joints look from there, or any real way to say other then the flags I mention of wing fit.

I'm doing to have to disagree here...This is an Original Custom-Carved Stylized Eagle from a period German Wood-Carving Workshop (Holzschnitzerei Werkstaette Heinrich Mildenberger, Kaiserslautern) according to the reverse stamp, but even without the stamp I would have no doubts that this is a Good Eagle, Gentlemen...We also see such Stylized Examples made locally by Craftsmen or Youth Apprentices for various local patriotic displays...If the price was right, I'd snap it up quick...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Mac - Your eyes are way better than mine because I could not make out the stamp for the life of me - and I can read German half way decent! haha

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Good Sir, I've never felt it necessary to say this until today, but if you clearly have not the faintest clue of the material, please don't be so hasty to post such rambling advice...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast