Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wall wooden eagle

Article about: Hi guys, a while back a seller I normally buy from presented me with this wooden eagle. Have no idea as to whether this is TR period or not. What are your views?, best regards, Juan

Hi, I am not wasting anyone s time, in particular this seller that I ve known for a while and I have an ongoing relation with. On top of that it was the seller who offered me this eagle and since I had initially no intention to buy, I need to know what I am dealing with, a good bird or not?, in case I eventually changed my mind. I appreciate all your comments about this item, regards, Juan
    Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    I was curious if you had no intention of buying it why were you posting it and wasting the dealers time #1. In addition the photos you would really need are not supplied and the wings need to come off. It could be right as wood birds obviously exist and they did spray them silver and have sen several. However the wings do not appear to seat properly and based on past examples should fit the breast at the joiner so that they fit the total area and you have space in both height and depth. The swastika is out of scale and looks like balsa and out of scale, so if it is real it may have been re-nazified. You will not really get a consensus on these anyway as they vary, so if you need that your not a buyer. Bird needs to come apart, if the wings are glued in its a walk away and if they come off thats the photo you want with the mount to the wing and the mount to the breast. Best your going to do is a maybe but I dont think its right and at thst point its price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall wooden eagle
    P
    Many

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Good Sir, I've never felt it necessary to say this until today, but if you clearly have not the faintest clue of the material, please don't be so hasty to give such rambling advice...
    cheers, Glenn
    Beg your pardon? I know how that should go together and its not sitting right so mind your manners as there have been more wings theough this household than you will probably ever see. I dont ever remeber being rude to you so have a seat and relax.

Have a good day.

It's a good eagle, and with the large wing-span, workmanship and stamp, it's a highly desirable piece.
    Glenn

Personally, I like the eagle and would have no problem believing that it is period made. The head looks disturbingly like a Parrot, but not every wood shop worker is an accomplished artist, of course. I would, naturally, like to see more complete photos-especially of the reverse side, but from what I can see here, I am not seeing anything alarmingly wrong.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Beg your pardon? I know how that should go together and its not sitting right so mind your manners as there have been more wings theough this household than you will probably ever see. I dont ever remeber being rude to you so have a seat and relax.

Have a good day.
    You are mistaken...that wasn't rude. THIS would have been rude: You don't know what the F#ck you're talking about.
    If it helps you understand...Nor is this the first time you've posted similar nonsensical rubbish...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It's a good eagle, and with the large wing-span, workmanship and stamp, it's a highly desirable piece.
    Glenn

If that is your opinion you are of course free to state it, coming after me and insulting me was uncalled for and I know how they did these. The photos are insufficient, the wings should come off and that would show what that mount is.

?

Let's tap the brakes gents...and stay on course...

Thank you

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2