Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Weird Bridge in my home

Article about: When you enlarge the pics you'll see some writings on the bridge saying: U.S.R.S. What does it mean? US Reclamation Service ?

Default Re: Weird Bridge in my home

Good thing the 45th changed that insignia before meeting with the Wehrmacht...might have caused some confusion. "Hey, we're on the same side!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weird Bridge in my home
    P
    Many

Wow man thanks so much. I bet I am the only one in yuma that knows that. It is really cool but I am going to post the main. Reason why they used them. And once again that's a lot for all the help guys.

While in India,U.S. government representatives also picked up the story of the ancient Hindu God Indra,who at one time,represented thunder,lighting and rain. Indra (who had four arms and was represented by the swastika with its four arms) had the power to control water. There were those in the U.S. government who thought the swastika would be a fitting symbol for the U.S. Reclamation Service. 3 During its early years the United States Bureau of Reclamation used the swastika for its symbol. The swastikas on Laguna Dam are a legacy of that period.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Good thing the 45th changed that insignia before meeting with the Wehrmacht...might have caused some confusion. "Hey, we're on the same side!"
    Well, seeing as how they adopted it before the NSDAP and/or the Wehrmacht ever did, i think it's grossly unfair that they had to drop it at all. Hitler should have had to pick a different one...

Rob

No worries Mate,
    I bet im the only person in Australia that knows it now too
    Mick

?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Found this site Derek,
    It may answer some of your questions.
    Mick
    Swastika Dam

Well done mate.....what a great history

I've seen images of American made jewllery/badges from the mid 1910,s to the mid 1920's that are swastikas.
    Even the most recognized company on the planet used this design.
    A 1925 bottle opener.
    Weird Bridge in my home

I bet they don't advertise that.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Even the most recognized company on the planet used this design.
    Well, Hitler took some risks in his career, the November Putsch, invading Poland despite an ultimatum from Great Britain, and declaring war on the US for no other reason than Japan had attacked it. But, my God, taking on the Munich Police, the British Commonwealth or the USA is one thing, but going up against the Coca-Cola Company after stealing one of their advertising symbols? That takes balls!

Rob

Big ones Rob big ones

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Well, Hitler took some risks in his career, the November Putsch, invading Poland despite an ultimatum from Great Britain, and declaring war on the US for no other reason than Japan had attacked it. But, my God, taking on the Munich Police, the British Commonwealth or the USA is one thing, but going up against the Coca-Cola Company after stealing one of their advertising symbols? That takes balls!

Rob
    A brigade of lawyers landing in Berlin with a ton of paperwork comes to mind
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Wonder if you can copyright the Hakenkruez????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast