Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is the collecting hobby coming to?

Article about: Saw these for sale recently, saw them at SOS and now at an online auction. I even saw Tom Wittmann doing a video interviewing a dealer at a show who claims they came from a warehouse in Euro

Quote by CBH View Post
    There were real Nazi christmas decorations, but these aren't them.
    The IC TK combo is a modern incarnation , I'd classify them as Alt-Right decorations.
    So there probably flying off the shelves, people love junk.
    I seem to think I've seen some, same color scheme, even an iron cross, or two, the Hindenburg, etc. These are not even close.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is the collecting hobby coming to?
    P
    Many

Imagine a tree with this crap hanging on it???

CBH
    ?

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    I seem to think I've seen some, same color scheme, even an iron cross, or two, the Hindenburg, etc. These are not even close.
    Yes the colours are similar, but the IC doesn't have a Danziger TK superimposed over the top.
    The TR were Christians and made many tacky Christmas ornaments and other junk.
    Originals are collectable but with these fakes coming out the market will probably suffer.

What is the collecting hobby coming to?What is the collecting hobby coming to?What is the collecting hobby coming to?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

about I minute into the video Walter and Wittmann pushing this garbage. You have to watch this to believe it.

Courtesy of Jo Rivett (Warning foul language but funny to watch)
    YouTube

Walter kanzler was up there with Charlie Snyder for being the biggest sellers of garbage and pedaling stories to anyone with a dollar. Some of Kanzler's stuff is just utter junk, dont forget he rolls out the edelweiss toilet paper every show for 50USD a pop.

Morris

?

When a hobby turns into a greedy race to buy as much you can for 1peso and sell for 1000peso then that inspires the artistic minds of any rodent out there. We seriously dont have to enjoy snyders xmas decorations, we can just take alook at this socalled "helmet restorations"
    We may giggle and laugh over some of the atempts these artists produce, but every time they show us a newly made masterpiece, and we points out what is wrong, we are resetting the student to zero and the novice starts again on a new helmet..

Sooner or later the novice will truly become an artist.

The problem for us who try to be serious and may seems eccentric will then be to find out who of the greedy dealers out there (no finger pointing) will get to this highly skilled artist first, what they offer and how long time it will take before they get caught, because they WILL get caught, they always do.. Not even a COA for wss honorring can help you to sell on your collection when that day comes....

It has always been easy to giggle and laugh over most fakes and replicas and fantasy items we see, but do remember these military collecting sites are free to join, free to follow, free to study and free to learn from....

When i started calligraphy it looked like a epileptic monkee with a brush had been let loose inside a tincan with my papers. But when i had studied long and hard enough i had people from museum coming to visit my home to check if had made these pieces or if i had stolen them.

The last words the museums man said with a smile when he left my home after some coffe and serious talks were: You are a very dangerous man in the right hands Mr Kolsto.

Hope my english is understandable, it is not my language
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is the collecting hobby coming to?  

By the way, for those unfamiliar with it, there's a funny story behind the disfigured Jesus above:

The church actually didn't hire anyone to restore that fresco; this was the work of a little old lady who decided to take matters into her own hands and just do it, working with the best intentions and no skill whatsoever:

Botched Restoration of Ecce Homo Fresco Shocks Spain - The New York Times

But it ended pretty well:

Botched Restoration of Jesus Fresco Miraculously Saves Spanish Town | artnet News
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-16-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2