Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is a hitler bust worth?

Article about: I didnt know mr Gottlieb is the leading militaria dealer?!

Default Re: What is a hitler bust worth?

i think some are dreaming if they can buy one for under a few k + just because you see one or two around dont make it a every day iteam , if i did not have one my self i would think on it and if i could afford it i would add it , once you have one on a plinth that look great

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is a hitler bust worth?
    P
    Many

A local shop had one a few months ago for $800.

well you should have brought it was it a life size ? was it bronze , was it maker marked ,

I,ve brought a few pieces off craigs auctions in the past....I didnt get bargains but they were defintley under market valuation which was a bonus I guess.
    The Bust has been on his site for awhile now.
    I hope that He may include it in his next auction in a few months.
    I would defintley bid on it but not anywhere close to his asking price.
    The piece appeals to me as Its got abit of history to go along with it.
    Most people would not put any xtra value on it even with history in regard to the piece.
    I guess I,m a sucker for bits with a know history.
    Rgds Pete

I agree the bust looks good and the paper work and photo is a bonus and a nice addition any paper work is good and brings an object to life. Is the bust made of Iron or Bronze? You also must consider that the fracture flaw in the bust does bring the value down but from the front it is good looking. I can tell you the Life Size bust heads in the USA the major dealers have are priced between $3,000 to $5,000 and are made of bronze not that there is anything wrong with an Iron one . All the bust I have seen in the states at the pices I mentioned have not sold in the 3 years the dealers still have them. They are a nice addition to a collection if the price is right. I have a half life size bronze bust by ( Hedwig Maria Ley) that is foundery marked on a beautiful 3 tier marble base with a presentation plaque on it . I did the research on the person it was persented to in 1934 and have his NSDAP file with photos. The bronze when purchased in 1934 had the rare gold gilting as bronzes wor gold, silver, black and brown gilted at the request of the purchaser. I paid 5 years ago $1,500 for the bust. Like I said it is nice when it has some history. Peoplke do buy because of the history and story but to me the price along with the fracture to the back of the head is a bit much in my opinion. Regards Don

The prices in the USA did not print on my last post they were between $3,000 to $5,000 and they still have tem. Regards Don

I should start to proof what i writ before I post. The bust I have I paid $1,500 for 5 years ago and it was a presentation Bronze half life size on a 3 tier marbel base by Hedwig Maria Ley and foundrey marked with a presentation plaque. Regards Don

Hi Don.
    Yes I like it alot.
    Some people think that its not worth anymore than the scrap value....
    Yes the crack doesn,t help its value but thats what can happen to any old artifact.
    Any piece like this has been ripped off its base / dragged halfway through europe on the outside of a sherman tank / and then bashed around a troop ship back to the usa would easily gain a few cracks here and their lol.
    The last two tunics ive brought have got the orginal owner wearing the exact tunic....Its great owning a piece that you have a picture of the object all those years ago.
    If it was in auction I would be happy to pay 2500 for it but anymore it would be to rich for me....certainly not 6k
    With 6k deposit I could put a down payment on a birds head dagger

Quote by Kiwipete View Post
    Hi Don.
    Yes I like it alot.
    Some people think that its not worth anymore than the scrap value....
    Yes the crack doesn,t help its value but thats what can happen to any old artifact.
    Any piece like this has been ripped off its base / dragged halfway through europe on the outside of a sherman tank / and then bashed around a troop ship back to the usa would easily gain a few cracks here and their lol.
    The last two tunics ive brought have got the orginal owner wearing the exact tunic....Its great owning a piece that you have a picture of the object all those years ago.
    If it was in auction I would be happy to pay 2500 for it but anymore it would be to rich for me....certainly not 6k
    With 6k deposit I could put a down payment on a birds head dagger
    the people who say not worth more then the scrap well those people should take a flying jump if that how they think and look some were als like go work in a scrap yard , you will not get one at $2500 a life size bronze one any way

not the best photo but a quick one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is a hitler bust worth?  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast