Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

White pottery shaving mug

Article about: Does anyone have a white pottery shaving mug? If you have could you post pictures please? I have seen one today and whilst I think the guy selling it is honest I am not sure about the mug. I

Default White pottery shaving mug

Does anyone have a white pottery shaving mug? If you have could you post pictures please? I have seen one today and whilst I think the guy selling it is honest I am not sure about the mug. It is white and has a green eagle and swastika on the side. Underneath there is a makers mark and a swastika surrounded by a cog wheel. It look old but I dont know if its real as I havent come across one before. I know I should have pictures but stupidly I was out without a phone. The guy in the shop said it came from a customer whose father had brought it back with him after the war.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White pottery shaving mug
    P
    Many

The cog-wheel suggests affiliation with the DAF-Deutsche Arbeitsfront, the NS Labor Organization...
    Unfortunately without a photo, I am unable to add more information...
    cheers, Glenn

no fakes of these items yet.

Will post pictures tomorrow if the price is right. Its got £65 on it but we are going to have a deal. I want it more now I know these guys arent faked. Cheers guys

?

Sounds like a good item - picture would be helpful- 65 pounds sounds a little high though
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I thought it was quite interesting that this 3rd reich example had the eagle and swastika on it but allied ones of the vintage are less political in heir decoration, if there is any

Better post some pictures before You will buy. It can be original DAF item but i'm a little bit worried about the swastika and eagle on the side. It can be easily a faked Polizei eagle, there are plenty of them on the market. And the price 65 pounds is also too high in my opinion.

White pottery shaving mugWhite pottery shaving mug

Guys here are some pictures.

The reverse confirms that this particular model was produced for the DAF Bureau "The Beauty of Labor"....
    First shaving mug I've seen, the eagles on the bottom & side appear good as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for the information. I checked the makers mark out and the LHS pottery company stopped using it in 1939, would that tie in? I was suspicious of it because it has a lot of marks on the bottom for such a basic utility item. I will go back tomorrow and have a haggle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast