Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wooden wall eagle, what do you think??

Article about: Hello, i Bougth this wooden wall eagle, i never seen one like this before, do you think its period? i know its hard to tell , it is RZM marked and i dont know if that is good or bad. all fak

Hello Again! The eagle has landed , so here are some more pics with the bird from my place , i just dispayed it with an cheap repro SS Heimwehr Danzig flag for now, just put it up, any suggestions how to display this big peice of wood? i hope you like it!

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wooden wall eagle, what do you think??
    P
    Many

In my judgement this is very probably a good original item. Its very high quality, looks old and seems to have been used and hung.

Douglas! thanks alot for your opinions, i think it looks great and i think/hope its a genuine third reich bird, and thats why i did pay alot of money for it. anyway as said before without period pictures is hard to say. but it displays good

Cheers!

I don't like it and the RZM marking does not fit on such an item.

Erich S. thanks for your reply and you are the first negative, is ok i said many times before its hard to say if it is genuine third reich made. have you seen other wooden wall eagels please post the picture here!

Cheers!

i think it is a period carved eagle but de nazified as anderson said, the swastika seems to be post war imo. and its for sure good craftsmanship whenever it was made.

I am very happy to find this period picture shared by a collector at WAF, same design of eagle!
    and also another one from Gettysburg museum.

Last edited by Agitatorn; 05-13-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Yes very similar to your one. I think your one has a replaced swas as the wood doesn't match in tone. Possibly denazified post WW2.

The stamp could have been added post war to make it more appealing for resale purposes. Much time and talent went in to making that. Its not something that can be carved in a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2