Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would like help with SA member wedding gift stein...

Article about: Hi All. I shot photos only of the lid of this stein since my question relates to the content of the engraving on the lid. I'm hoping someone can help me to: Fully decipher the engraving sinc

?

Default Would like help with SA member wedding gift stein...

Hi All.

I shot photos only of the lid of this stein since my question relates to the content of the engraving on the lid. I'm hoping someone can help me to:

1. Fully decipher the engraving since I'm finiding it somewhat challenging to recognize some of the letters. My rough translation leads me to believe this was a wedding gift.
    2. If you have access to SA records and have data on this member I'd like to know more about him. His name is in the engraving as well as the numbers 46/12.

As a side question, if you are familiar with steins, I also included a shot (the last one in the sequence) of what appears to be the number "1" followed by a small upper case "T" stamped into the side of the rim near the handle. This was done before the stein was fired. I'm hoping to understand what (if anything) that stamp may signify.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would like help with SA member wedding gift stein...
    P
    Many

?

I think the 46 stands for SA-Standarte 46, Wolfenbüttel.

Your beside question.
    It is "1 L" L stands for Liter.

"N. Sturm 46/12" = "Nachrichtensturm 46 / SA-Standarte 12".

It's a wedding gift presented by said signals unit to its member Rottenführer Georg Köchel.

?

nice find
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I assume there are no documents available on Rottenführer Georg Köchel? What about his signals unit? It would be awesome to get more of the history of this SA member, but I understand it simply may not exist if he wasn't anyone significant.

A nice find indeed.

Dyner: His NSDAP records are held in Berlin at:
    Deutsche Dienststelle WASt
    Eichborndamm 179
    13403 Berlin
    https://www.dd-wast.de/de/startseite.html
    The Best to you, Dwight

?

Thanks for the information Dwight. I checked out the website you noted and it isn't exactly user friendly in my opinion. It's simple enough to use Google Translate to get around, but I don't understand how the submission process works, and whether or not they even have SA related information. Are you certain they have SA records (others on the forum say they don't exist), and have you used their services before? If so, any recommendations on the quickest/best way to get my request off to them?

Dzynwe: Oooops; I gave you the wrong information; that address is for non-NSDAP veterans. The personal NSDAP reords, formerly held in Berlin by the US Army, were turned them over to the Germans, I think in 1999, and became almost inaccessible due to German privacy laws. However, I have been told that a complete microfilm set is held at the National Archives II, College Park, MD. It will be an effort to run them down, but if you are patient and keep trying, you might get lucky. Good Luck, Dwight

Dzynew: I have used both records collections in Berlin on several occassions. That was in the 90's. But I have not used the NSDAP Personnel records since that time. The SA member members records are among those personnel records in the former German Document Center collection. The Germans still have them, and I think there is a duplicate set on microilm at the National Archives II in College Park. A fellow whose records I tracked down in 1999, just before the turn-over, were there. He was Paul Eyring, 2nd officer on the U-Deutschland, who joined the SA in the 1920's and then transfered to the Algemeine SS in the 1930's. In anyevent, it is worth you time to contact NARA on their web site and start a search. Good Luck, Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast