Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WTF is this in the sales section

Article about: Hmmm Floor Tile - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All sorted. I have amended the tropical eagles description.
    Thanks Ade and Ralph.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WTF is this in the sales section
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Taken care of.
    Ralph.
    cheers

Matt

So the tile was verified as period by Ade a week ago and I bought them from Manions when they were a solid auction house. What would you like me to do go dig up the vet who brought them back. There is no conspiracy to rip folks off.

I see folks taken to the wood shed here all the time for giving opinions that do not hold up but I guess its easy to be brave when you sit behind a computer and take pot shots all day. Who on the site would vet all the items considering half of you are incorrect all the time.

If the folks here want to remove it no big deal. I do this as a hobby and to support my habit as a fellow collector and have a stellar feedback record on other sites and a good forty transactions on this site with no issue. Unfortunately there is not a great mechanism to remind folks to leave positive feedback like other sites.

Brian

Quote by hunter65 View Post
    the tile was verified as period by Ade a week ago
    Could you kindly refer me to where this item has been verified as period?

thanks,

Matt

If you search it will pop up in the search engine. I went ahead and removed it so all the hand wringing could stop. Trust me the $125 was not going to pay for my kids private school bill. Want to note I will not be responding to any more replies for a little while as I am going out the door on a ski trip with the family.

More important items to focus on besides this mickey mouse stuff.

I wouldn't say verified as this is what Ade actually said....... "The floor tile, womans jewelry and hanky all look period to me. HOWEVER, one cannot say they are Third Reich in origin, they could easily be American for all one knows?"

More important items to focus on besides this mickey mouse stuff.
    It would appear that it is you who makes most of the noise.
    We come here to discuss 'this mickey mouse stuff' so it is kind of strange that when asked about some of it, you get frustrated and defensive.
    But then again who are we to question you- half of us are wrong all the time as you already pointed out.

Nothing was verified, not now, not a week ago as you claim. Mr. Stevenson was kind enough to give his opinion on the pieces. No more or less.

If the fact that 'it came from Manions' gives you a warm and fuzzy not to mention seal of originality somehow, I can offer you few 'almost original' pieces from the same source that will no doubt brighten your day.
    Last edited by matthew; 01-10-2015 at 10:24 PM.

That piece of swastika adorned ceramic could, as stated before and easily understood if one has any conception of this symbols history, be from ANY period... no "Manion's" or vague "vet bringback" reference will ever change that. But, seeing as "half of us are incorrect all the time" (quite the statement!) it probably doesn't matter what we say anyway... right, hunter65?

And, yes... you are right... this is me commenting, aka "taking pot shots", on your ceramic tile offering from behind my computer screen. That's kind of how this place works and why online discussion forums such as this exist in the first place

So the tile was verified as period by Ade a week ago and I bought them from Manions when they were a solid auction house. What would you like me to do go dig up the vet who brought them back. There is no conspiracy to rip folks off.

I see folks taken to the wood shed here all the time for giving opinions that do not hold up but I guess its easy to be brave when you sit behind a computer and take pot shots all day. Who on the site would vet all the items considering half of you are incorrect all the time.

If the folks here want to remove it no big deal. I do this as a hobby and to support my habit as a fellow collector and have a stellar feedback record on other sites and a good forty transactions on this site with no issue. Unfortunately there is not a great mechanism to remind folks to leave positive feedback like other sites.

Brian
    The swastika has been used for centuries, before during and after the Third Reich. I have a Third Reich coconut shell coffee table somewhere. It's covered in swastikas, must be worth loads!

If I might quote "The Bard"

"The lady doth protest too much methinks" (Hamlet)

'Nuff said!!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Do you want to see swas on ...what ever, let me know I'll show you;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WTF is this in the sales section  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast