Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.

Article about: I've had this for probably thirty years. My grandfather gave it to my dad and my father gave it to me. My grandfather brought this back from Germany at the end of WWII. I never knew anything

Any updates on the repairs to the armoured shield of your example?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.
    P
    Many

Thanks for the photos, Jim!

Luke

WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.

An excellent item and great to see the help being given by forum members, great stuff.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hey Steve. I believe Ralph is done with that and I think he needs to paint it now. I was slow in getting him some measurements for another piece that he is making. Ralph has been a huge help and I can't believe that he is taking the time out to do this for me. Thanks to him I saw this other one over on WAF.

Luke

Thanks Jerry! Yes, Ralph is definitely one of the good guys!

Luke

Its a beautiful piece and its very interesting to learn that that toys were still being manufactured after the declaration of total war- I would have imagined all the toy companies would have gone over to making war material by the late date given.

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    My guess is that as an international manufacturer of children's products, the company is very sensitive to how they are--might be--perceived on matters dealing with the sort of toys they produced during WWII. We all know that anything Nazi is by definition "evil" and to be shunned and reviled, and for many firms any connection with anything even remotely connected to the years 1933-45 is to be avoided and not discussed. Silly, but that's reality today.
    Well, Hugo Boss, Addidas, Pelikan, BASF, Bayer, Rheinmetall etc seem to have reinvented themselves quite well not to mention VW, Posche and the others

HABA products seem to be a little less sophisticated these days;

WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.

Regards

Mark

The manufacturers stamp reads: Fabrik fur feinpolierte Holzwaren-Technische Holzwaren fur die Industrie...Manufacturer of fine-polished wooden goods/ Technical goods for Industry....Not a toy, which would likely be labeled "Spielwaren" instead...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Any updates on the repairs to the armoured shield of your example?
    The shield is made, the spar is made, if Luke sends me some more dimensions, I will make some mud flaps for him as well. I would like to do all of the manufacturing before I start painting. That way, I can paint it all at once.
    Ralph.
    A couple of photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.   WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.  

WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.   WW II German Sturmgeschütz III Wooden Toy.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

An excellent replication of the original shield, well done!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast