Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

XI Olympiade badge

Article about: I have been offered this badge, but am concerned that when compared to the one on the Guild Deschler is abbreviated on that one to W.D. Should I be concerned? The pin looks the same but Ges

?

Default XI Olympiade badge

I have been offered this badge, but am concerned that when compared to the one on the Guild Deschler is abbreviated on that one to W.D. Should I be concerned? The pin looks the same but Ges Gesch is in a different location as well, although I have seen it in this position on other badges. Any thoughts appreciated.
    XI Olympiade badgeXI Olympiade badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement XI Olympiade badge
    P
    Many

A good original, W.D is probably makers initials.

Tom

?

I just wondered why they would make some with his initials and some with just Deumer? Thanks for the confirmation, I will get it.

Quote by alikat View Post
    I just wondered why they would make some with his initials and some with just Deumer? Thanks for the confirmation, I will get it.
    Tangential but still pertaining to this thread, here's a pic of my Deumer EK1 case that is also marked in full, including the town of Ludenscheid embossed on the base. An uncommon feature I believe, but shows that there were different methods of marking their products as a whole.

Regards, Ned.

XI Olympiade badge
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

looks fine.

?

You would think that they had better things to do with their time than employ die makers - or perhaps they started with the full name and to keep up with demand made another die but economized on the lettering?? I would love to know if there was a reason behind this.