Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Article about: by Franz Repper Joe I have a load of Information on SS Nord as it is my main intrest as you read german I could pass on some info to you PM me your email address and i can send some Veterans

Default Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Quote by Franz Repper View Post
    Joe I have a load of Information on SS Nord as it is my main intrest as you read german I could pass on some info to you PM me your email address and i can send some Veterans accounts to you .

Hello Franz,

I would be very grateful if you could share information about the 6 SS Nord.Ya also have some data, and is ready to share with you.
    Gruess aus Eismeerfront!
    Maxim
    Arktis ist Nicht!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.
    P
    Many

Horrido Maxim yes we can I can PM you some of the info why i do this is I passed info on to a member of a forum who then Dug up the graves we had found and sold the stuff he found on ebay

?

Very interesting thread! I am glad to see that the grave is well mannered and not destroyed or ruined.
    Regards

Matt

Hi strum, this thread is going well, can you supply me with the link to the Black Edelweiss by J Voss , pdf file, i have a copy of the book but i lent it to my son, and he has not returned it as yet...
    thanks....

...yes it is, even still today. There must be some people who honour this grave over years. Maybe some citizens from the small towns around like Lampaden, Obersehr and Niedersehr.

The grave is only 7 km from my residense away. For seven years ago I god a book on my hand that explains the final fights on Mosel, Saar, Ruwer, Eifel and Hürtgenwald also.

In this book is the place and the circumstances, how and where Ostuf Köhler is fallen exactly explained.

Reading this is wake up my interesst so I decidet to find this place. The book is so what from exactly that I only take 20 minutes to found the grave that is pictured here in the threat.

My investigations on what´s happened there is, that lately after the war, the body of Obstuf Köhler was dig out there and then buried on the "Ehrenfriedhof Himmerod", where are laying german soldiers from the first and second world war.

The cementery there is near the Salm river.

Joe

Location of the grave strong point "Dreikopf". You can see the yellow line is the Bundesstraße 268, formaly Reichsstraße 268 from Zerf to Trier.

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.  

?

Great work Joe , very interesting
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for that info Joe

Thumbs up Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Here is an official Map from the troup movements on the battle of Lampaden datet 6. March 1945

In this map you guys could see where the strongest ponit "Dreikopf" is located, you can also see the place of the castel "Burg Heid" from wich the 6. SS main attack to Lampaden and the Dreikopft is started.

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.  
    Last edited by sturmgewehr44; 04-04-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Here you can see the american movements from the Saar Brigdeheads against the german positions on the siegfried linie near Serrig and Zerf.
    The Reichsstraße 268 go straight on trough Zerf in direction of the city of Trier.

Joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast