Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Article about: by Franz Repper Joe I have a load of Information on SS Nord as it is my main intrest as you read german I could pass on some info to you PM me your email address and i can send some Veterans

Default Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Here we go. Another map it´s showing the frontline on 2. March 1945

Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Frontline prior attack of 6. SS Gebirgsjäger Division
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.  

I will look through my info and try to post something up ( I have to translate it from German first )

Thumbs up Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

Here´s Burg Heid, starting point main route 6. SS
    Attached Images Attached Images 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg. 

Cool Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

In this picture you can see the valley wich was used by the 6. SS troups forcet there main movement to infiltrate US lines in Lampaden, Kimmeler Hof and Obersehr.

Joe

This short film sequence was filmed by the US signal corps after the battle in the town of lampaden, as you can see the destroyed shermans in town and maybe even some destroyed Hetzer Panzerjäger or so.

Joe

Hi guys,

here I found some info from the website of the 94th Infantry Division which was fighting there:

Activated on Sep 15, 1942, at Ft. Custer, Michigan, 94th Inf. Div left New York on August 1944, stopped in Great Britain and finally landed in the Utah-Beach-section, Normandy, on September 8, 1944. Until Jan 1, 1945, she stayed in the area of Lorient and St. Nazaire until she got released by 66th Infantry Division. On Jan 7, 1945, she released 90th Inf. Div. south of Wasserbillig, Germany, and entered the Saar-Moselle-Triangle. Thru fierce fights she advanced thru Tettingen and Butzdorf to Nennig but had to retreat a couple of times (Orscholz Jan 20, Berg Jan 23-25, Campholz Feb. 15).

Supported by heavy artillery and air planes the division attacked with her three regiments and broke thru the Siegfried Line and following 10th Armored Division she cleared the Saar-Moselle-Triangle south of Orscholz and Saarbrug until Feb. 21, 1945. Under heavy German fire they crossed the Saar River and built two bridge heads, one near Ockfen on Feb. 22 and one near Serrig-Taben short after. Fierce fights began but the bridge heads could be united and a heavy bailey bridge was build near Saarburg on Feb. 26.

The Division tried to extend north to cover the advance of 10th Armored Division to Trier and to enforce the united bridgehead of Saarburg. A German counter-attack (6. SS Gebirgsdivision) against 302nd Infantry Regiment broke thru her lines and forced the division to build a new front line to throw the Germans out. This happened until March 8.

On March 13 94th Division crossed the Ruwer River and participated in Operation Undertone with the target to reach the Rhine River and to encircle the retreating German troops. Until termination of hostilities two months later the losses of 94th Infantry Division were 4,789 wounded and 1,156 KIAs.

Joe I am just working on some info for you I will send you the
    German TXT and post my Translation on here its very intresting

Smile Re: 6.SS-Geb.-Division Nord 2. Komp. 11 Reg.

..ok Franz that´s a good idea.
    But unfortunately I can´t find any pic´s from the location at the time of the battle.
    Maybe you or one of the other guys reading this thread will found some original photos.

When the weather is clearing up here, I will take some aktuel pics from the locations here, maybe that would be impressiv for the folks how are interessted in that.

Joe

I have some Original Nord photos I could post along with this topic , as well as some From Wingen sur Moder I took on Holiday

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast