Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf Eichmann "Rendition" Power of Attorney

Article about: It is a pity about the damage to the document: Lot Detail - Nazi Leader Adolf Eichmann Power of Attorney Signed -- During His Extradition From Argentina to Israel to Stand Trial For War Crim

Default Adolf Eichmann "Rendition" Power of Attorney

It is a pity about the damage to the document:

Lot Detail - Nazi Leader Adolf Eichmann Power of Attorney Signed -- During His Extradition From Argentina to Israel to Stand Trial For War Crimes

Legal document signed ''Adolf Eichmann'' from Jerusalem while awaiting trial as a war criminal in 1960. Partially-printed document gives power of attorney to Dr. R. Servatius of Cologne. Eichmann was convicted and hanged two years later. Measures 8.25'' x 5.75''. Large chips to top and bottom edges and tape repairs to verso. In fair condition.

Minimum Bid: $1,000

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Just finished reading about Eichmann's short vist to Palestine in 1937 to meet with the Zionist leaders regarding German policy to expel the Jews from Germany which was supported by the Zionists with view of setting up a Jewish state in the British mandate of Palestine, so this document caught my attention.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Eichmann "Rendition" Power of Attorney
    P
    Many

There's a bloke who needed to be at the end of a rope. A shame the document itself is damaged as it's is very historic.

Not sure if a partial signature (if authentic) of Eichmann is worth $1000 in its own right?

Adv. Robert Servatius was Eichmann's lawyer.

IMO that document is worth every penny of the asking. Eichmann's signature shows a great deal of stress!!

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    There's a bloke who needed to be at the end of a rope. A shame the document itself is damaged as it's is very historic.
    Not a huge loss to the world, nope.

Was Eichmann actually extradited from Argentina? I thought that a team of Mossad and Shin Bet agents grabbed him in Argentina and took him to Israel in what today might be called a "Rendition." In any event, justice was served despite some quibbling over the finer legal issues of the transfer. Despite time's damage to the document, it would be a fine addition to one's collection, but if I had it, I think I would donate it to one of the Holocaust museums. Dwight

The transcripts of the legal proceedings records that during the legal back and forth over appointing Eichmann's defence lawyer it states that Eichmann only agreed to a trial in Israel on the basis that he could have a defence lawyer, which sort of suggests the trial in Israel was only at his choice at one stage? What were the other alternatives that Eichmann rejected? Eichmann's lawyer also requested that Israel pay for his defence costs because of the dire state of his family's finances...don't know if that is what happened.

Quote by alexanderhistorical View Post
    IMO that document is worth every penny of the asking. Eichmann's signature shows a great deal of stress!!
    So do you think the signature is authentic?

Interesting Image of some HJ memorabilia in Palestine

What is the story behind this photo?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast