Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Galland Help

Article about: HI Guys Now, I need a bit of help. I am making an Adolf Galland framed set, now i am including: -Combined Pilots-Observation Badge "Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen" -Front

Question Adolf Galland Help

HI Guys

Now, I need a bit of help. I am making an Adolf Galland framed set, now i am including:
    -Combined Pilots-Observation Badge "Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen"
    -Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe "Frontflugspange"
    -Spanish Civil war medal
    -flying insignia
    -picture of him
    -picture of his aircraft
    I sadly don't have the big two the Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes or the Spanienkreuz.
    Now the question I need a answer to is did Galland have any of the Luftwaffe cuff titles or other insignia ?

Thanks for the help Moris
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Galland Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adolf Galland Help

Nothing guys ?
    Morris

I am sure I can help on this: leave it with me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lightbulb Re: Adolf Galland Help

In most formal photos of Galland he can be seen wearing a 'Schlageter' cuffband on his right lower arm.

Thanks Ade, and I saw that if you know were one could be found or if there was another. Was he given the Condor legion cuff title after Spain ?

Hi Morris, Martin is correct on the unit cuff title.

The Legion Condor cuff title was not worn.

Pleanty of images of him online along with his aircraft, mainly his 109. Here are just two.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Galland Help  
    Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Galland Help 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks the Schlageter title is a hard one to find, Emedals, Ruptured, Timetravelers, KB Antiques dont seem to have one. Apart form that is that the only thing I'm missing which has not already been mentioned.
    Morris

I'm looking forward to seeing this come together, Morris! I'm very interested in Adolf Galland, too!

I just painted a 1:48 scale model of his plane!

Adolf Galland Help

I really do wish you luck finding the title and I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Josh

hi morris,dont forget the knights cross and the spanish cross were with diamonds also the pilots badge in diamonds.

Thanks harry and josh for you input as i said Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes and the Spanienkreuz will just have to be listed. And thanks for all the help, now if anybody finds a Schlageter title please don't hesitate to PM me.

I love the support this forum gives, thankyou gentlemen
    Morris