Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Albert Speer`s Personally Owned Black Leather Jacket ??

Article about: Auction offering: Nate D Sanders LA. US. 27 Feb 2014 5pm (28 Feb 2014 1am UK time) LINK: Lot Detail - Albert Speer's Personally Owned Black Leather Jacket -- Possibly Worn by Speer When He L

Default Albert Speer`s Personally Owned Black Leather Jacket ??

Auction offering: Nate D Sanders LA. US. 27 Feb 2014 5pm (28 Feb 2014 1am UK time)

LINK: Lot Detail - Albert Speer's Personally Owned Black Leather Jacket -- Possibly Worn by Speer When He Last Visited Hitler on 23 April 1945

Black leather custom-made overcoat personally owned by one of Hitler's favorite subordinates, Albert Speer. Called ''the Nazi who said sorry'', Speer was found guilty of war crimes at the Nuremberg trials and subsequently imprisoned for over 20 years until his release in 1966. His weighty full-length single-breasted overcoat has labels sewn within bearing his name, brand name of W. Fliegner and that of the RZM, the German regulatory office for quality control in manufacturing. RZM label also shows the NSDAP eagle emblem denoting Nazi elite. Accompanied by the original invoice for the coat with Speer's name printed on it, found stored in the pocket of the coat. Fascinating provenance begins with the coat's theft from Speer's home in the Obersalzberg complex in May of 1945 following its bombing by the Royal Air Force. Also accompanied by an Allied soldier autograph letter signed simply ''Ralph'', stating that he had taken Albert Speer's coat. Written in English and dated 6 May 1945, letter addressed to Ralph's mother reads in part, ''I looked around today in a huge chalet of a high-ranking Nazi...For you I have a gold necklace...And for Dad, I have a great leather jacket...I took a coat with no Nazi symbols on the outside...Unfortunately, the name of Nazi Albert Speer is stamped in the jacket...'' Fully lined coat features a back slit and thick outer self-belt and thin interior self-belt that can be switched so the coat closes left over right or vice versa. Measures 50'' around the chest, with 16'' sleeves, measuring 25.25'' from shoulder to cuff. Small pink stain roughly the size of a pencil eraser on the back and scattered edge wear especially to belt. Very good overall. Speer is well-documented in WWII period photos and videos wearing this or a very similar coat. A written record also exists of his last meeting with Hitler on 23 April 1945 that describes Speer as wearing a suit and leather coat, possibly this same garment.

Starting Price: $5000
    Estimate:

$5,000 - $7,500
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Albert Speer`s Personally Owned Black Leather Jacket ??
    P
    Many

Crikey!

50" chest!..i didn't realise speer was such a fat sod!...

Oh dear.. what a joke. That label is dreadful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lol - I like the part in the description that reads "or a very similar coat."
    Regards,

Steve.

?

It is my understanding that servicemen were forbidden from taking gold and other valuable objects as war trophies.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Lol - I like the part in the description that reads "or a very similar coat."
    .... the get out of jail card

?

I always carry the receipts for my clothing purchases around in my my pocket for 10 years , doesn't everyone !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Erno View Post
    It is my understanding that servicemen were forbidden from taking gold and other valuable objects as war trophies.
    You mean Kelly's Heroes is not a true story ??????

The handwritten letter of provenance was written on canary paper which I don't believe existed at the time.

Nate Sanders enjoys a reputation akin to that of CG. He once offered Lee Harvey Oswald's USED coffin, recovered when he was disinterred years ago. A real slime ball.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast