Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any online resource for tracking allied POW's during WW2.

Article about: Hi All, My 1st post on here and hoping someone might be able to help. My Grandfather went out to Europe with the BEF at the start of the war. Survived Dunkirk and apparently ended up in the

Default Re: Any online resource for tracking allied POW's during WW2.

Cheers, couldn't have got this far without the initial help given on here. I'm awaiting a copy of the only known photo of CSM Shepherdson which I'll post on here. Once I have it I'll be trawling the hundreds of on line pictures of POWs of Stalag VlllB in the hope of spotting him. I'm also getting a copy of the childhood picture of my Dad that his father carried throughout the war. It was reproduced in larger form as a drawing by either a fellow POW or perhaps a guard, (Stories get muddled here). This picture was stolen from Grandad either before or on the Long March. Can't help but wonder if it survives somewhere? (What a find that would be!) My Dad is now 73 and I really want to fill in some of the spaces for him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any online resource for tracking allied POW's during WW2.
    P
    Many

Firstly a big thank you to everyone who has helped with the search to date. My Dad was over the moon when I showed him the prisoner papers I received. The search will continue, though sadly for me alone now. My Dad passed away suddenly in the early hours of Monday 2nd January 2012. God bless you Dad. xxx

Very very sorry to hear about your sudden loss mate, I'm sure he was very pleased with the progress you made researching his own father. I'm sure he'll be having a beer with your grandfather and looking down with pride. Good effort mate and deepest condolences.

That is very sad news.

My condolences to you and all the family.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2