Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Apocalypse World War II

Article about: by operaman Hey guys there is a new series On the Smithsonian channel called The Apocalypse World War II. I have seen a lot of documentary's on the war and I thought I had see all the clips

Default Re: The Apocalypse World War II

Quote by operaman View Post
    Hey guys there is a new series On the Smithsonian channel called The Apocalypse World War II.
    I have seen a lot of documentary's on the war and I thought I had see all the clips that were out there. This new series is by a French production company that has come across 600 reels of un seen footage Incredible color film from German Russian American and Japanese sources,things like the Polish cavalry attack on German Panzers in color ,the attack and the aftermath! footage of the Katyn Forest massacre before the cover up there is much more that I had never seen before There are 6 episodes and they all come on the Smithsonian channel check your local listings .Very cool
    This is my favorite documentary series.
    I had mentioned it in another thread about "your favorite WWII documentary" or something like that.
    Members were not as excited as me, as i can see in this thread again.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Apocalypse World War II
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Apocalypse World War II

I like this series. I think it has some unique things to offer that haven't been mentioned here yet. For having to make this series and encompass the whole war on just 3 dvds (6hours total) I thought it was well done. I thought there was good amount of footage I havent seen before albeit a fair portion might have been unexciting footage. The real appreciation I feel is in the high definition colorized restoration done on the original footage which was B&W. Not to mention every sound clip was hand plucked from real recordings of the time. No crappy sound clips that don't fit or poorly done colorization jobs here. Best audio I've heard on a documentary ever and accurate with the original sound of each gun,plane, tank, explosion, etc. and with close to 1,000 different ww2 documentary episodes in my collection I've seen some pretty poor as well as good programs. Granted this is no The World at War equal but how many series can afford to have the amount of episodes that it had? I think this series might be underappreciated for its high quality colorization. Not trying to start a debate here just stating my opinion. This series has a spot in my collection for sure. Here's my personal favorite ww2 doc. series. Well worth seeing if you haven't before. Oh and the youtube link in this thread is actually for a different series, but the page will have this series episodes on right side of page that will get you there. Thanks.
    Attachment 404018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2