Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian State Plans to Seize Hitler Birthplace - Braunau am Inn

Article about: The drawn out dispute related to the house in Braunau am Inn where Adolf Hitler was born has heightened recently, with news that the Austrian state are looking into the creation of a new law

?

Default Austrian State Plans to Seize Hitler Birthplace - Braunau am Inn

The drawn out dispute related to the house in Braunau am Inn where Adolf Hitler was born has heightened recently, with news that the Austrian state are looking into the creation of a new law enabling seizure of the property in an attempt to prevent neo-Nazi interest.

Although the house is unmarked, a stone stands outside with the inscription "Never again Fascism. In memory of millions of dead."

Hitler was born in one of the rooms upstairs - downstairs was an inn, spending his first few years at the house before the family moved to other locations in and around Linz (see thread below)

Hitler house and family grave

At this point, it is unclear what the state plans to do with the property, should indeed a law be passed transferring ownership to the Republic of Austria from its current owner, Gerlinde Pommer.

More details and short video can be found in the BBC link below:

Austria 'plans to seize' house where Hitler born - BBC News

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian State Plans to Seize Hitler Birthplace - Braunau am Inn
    P
    Many

If they plan on demolishing the house to prevent it becoming a shrine to far right idiots, then a whole lot of places are going to be destroyed!....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    If they plan on demolishing the house to prevent it becoming a shrine to far right idiots, then a whole lot of places are going to be destroyed!....
    A Russian MP has already offered to do so...after buying the property patently...

?

Haha rediculus. 70 something years to late.

March 12th 1938 ........

"Revenge is a dish best eaten cold" springs to mind.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Austrian State Plans to Seize Hitler Birthplace - Braunau am InnAustrian State Plans to Seize Hitler Birthplace - Braunau am InnElsewhere I included some relevant data to this issue, if one of you has more than a passing interest in this theme.

I take the mission here seriously to discuss the past and its implications in something more than an amateur and or jingoistic manner.

I realize that jingoism is the spirit of the times, but the moderators here uphold a high standard. I applaud them. There are many other places

for the unhappy, angry, dissatisfied and rage drunk personage to waste his or her own time and to waste ours, too.

Those who are uninterested in a judicious and careful examination of the past should not hinder those of us who look carefully at the forces of chronology,
    cause and effect, and assessment as suggested by Clausewitz.

sapere aude.

The people of continental Europe certainly would have a different perspective on this issue as their countries suffered genuine damage and death due to Hitler's madness
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The people of continental Europe certainly would have a different perspective on this issue as their countries suffered genuine damage and death due to Hitler's madness
    ....to say nothing of a different code of law, a different relationship to the state (i.e. government) and so forth.

I included some relevant material elsewhere, for those who have a sincere interest in the issue.

For myself, I am very much for the preservation of all evidence of the past, in whatever form.

I rather think I have added to the trove of historical artifacts kept and interpreted to a wide audience,

but we also have no interest in an integral nationalist and racist political agenda on this site.

In this crucial aspect, I have the enthusiastic support of the moderators, whom I esteem greatly.

Thank you Bob, Adrian and Carl for your interest in this issue.