Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Battle of Britain German defeat...

Article about: Hello all! Many times i've tried to find a logical explanation about the German defeat in invading Britain's mainland but the existing theories just don't fit me right. Just think about it.

ian
    ?

Default Re: Battle of Britain German defeat...

i agree hitlers bigest mistake not defeeting our small island
    it became in esence the bigest aircraft carrier ,and the bigest landing ship ,the world has ever seen ,,i think her hitler reud the day he didnt finnish us brits and take our fortress island ,,thank god ,,and all those who died defending our island ,we must never forget ,, with out that europe would not be free,,,,, well after we have sorted the euro and the eurpean union ,,erm ? im getting a bit carried away now arnt i?? SORRY

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle of Britain German defeat...
    P
    Many

all the theories are correct in the own context,but with the RAF & ROYAL NAVY intact he stood no chance and I think he knew it.the one in favour of heavy bombers was General Wever,killed in a plane crash before the war.

Thank you all for your thoughts! Very interesting imputs!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I aways have the feeling that the invasion of Britain was half- hearted and Hiltler still thought he could sue for peace. Also he had a huge respect for his 'Germanic brother nation' as he put it

Nick
    I think there is some merit what you have said and equally there was still a faction within the British establishment that was also keen to sue for peace with Germany.

For example The Rt. Hon. Lord George Ambrose Lloyd of Dolobran, who was to become minister in Churchill's war cabinet , wrote a pamphlet entitled 'The British Case', which totally rejected the notion of a war against Fascism and of course his was not a lone voice in 1940. The forward to the pamphlet I believe was written by Lord Halifax who was a prominent in the Appeasement movement and the Conservative Party's preferred choice to be Prime Minister of Britain replacing Chamberlain.

Rudolf Hess thought a peace accord between Britain and Germany was still possible when set off to meet with Lord Hamilton in Scotland on 10th May, 1941.
    Last edited by StefanM; 07-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Back the Brits up against the wall and you are very likely to get your nose bent as was the case.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Back the Brits up against the wall and you are very likely to get your nose bent as was the case.
    ...with the help of the Poles and No. 303 Polish Squadron in particular, the Czechoslovaks and of course the other BoB pilots & aircrews from Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Jamaica, Newfoundland, New Zealand, Rhodesia, South Africa and the United States lending their backs to that British wall
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    ...with the help of the Poles and No. 303 Polish Squadron in particular, the Czechoslovaks and of course the other BoB pilots & aircrews from Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Jamaica, Newfoundland, New Zealand, Rhodesia, South Africa and the United States lending their backs to that British wall
    .....and Denmark

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Speaking of valiant Polish pilots; AFAIK General Tadeusz Sawicz died on the October 19. 1911 in Canada.

The last of the Polish pilots from The Battle of Britain. R.I.P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle of Britain German defeat...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Battle of Britain German defeat... 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3