Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beginner explanation

Article about: Im a beginner in German militaria and im really interested in researching about it. I was browsing some old pictures of German soldiers and I came across a picture where a NCO is wearing a o

?

Default Beginner explanation

Im a beginner in German militaria and im really interested in researching about it.
    I was browsing some old pictures of German soldiers and I came across a picture where a NCO is wearing a officer uniform and cap if im not wrong? is there an explanation for this or i'm just completely wrong? Thanks

Beginner explanation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beginner explanation
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I believe NCO's could Private Purchase officer quality items .

Reminds me of that well known saying

"Don't tell me they would have worn that!!"

Looks like officers collar tabs - breast eagle/tunic too, for walking out I would think......... one proud soldier!

Lovely picture BTW

There is nothing non-regulation going on here:

He is an officer candidate ranked Oberfähnrich.

This most senior of the officer candidate ranks wore the shoulder boards of an Oberfeldwebel, but officers' collar patches and cap cords and no NCO collar Tresse.

They wore officers' belts and daggers, too, and were also authorized to wear certain other uniform items reserved for officers.

Bravo, Andreas.

?

I came across another picture, from which branch is the soldier? the shoulder boards have the letters "FP" and the litzen seem to be different, it looks like a pionier?

Beginner explanation

He's a Beamter [official] of the Feldpost [field postal service].

Rank is equivalent to a Feldwebel; he is a Feldpostbetriebsassistent, Feldpostoberschaffner or Feldpostschaffner.

His insignia are of the type worn by officials. The Waffenfarbe [branch color] for army officials was dark green and is seen as the cap's piping and the base underlay of the shoulder boards.
    The Nebenfarbe [secondary branch color] for the Feldpost was lemon yellow and appears as the three-sided piping of the collar patches and the secondary underlay of the shoulder boards. The center cord of the shoulder boards is also in the branch color, which was unique to the Feldpost.