Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich

Article about: Just bought this book by Robert Gerwarth. Any of you guys read it ? If so what did you think? Nick

Default Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich

Just bought this book by Robert Gerwarth.

Any of you guys read it ? If so what did you think?

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich   Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich
    P
    Many

Default Re: Book- Hitlers Hangman, The Life of Heydrich

Nick: Robert Gerwarth, Ph.D. is a well-known military historian and director of the Centre for War Studies in Dublin. His books are well researched and factually reliable. Dwight

Thanks Dwight , that good to hear

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I have that book, I enjoyed reading it.

Best regards,
    Pat

I read it last autumn. It's a good biography, actually better and more in-depth than anything I had previously read on the subject of Heydrich.

Thank you guys I will be starting it this weekend

Nick

?

I'm on page 66 Nick! It's a very good read so far. I didn't realise that Heydrich's career path was attained by a misunderstanding and off the back of reading crime books and spy fiction! Interesting how his wife Lina and her parents were such an influence on Heydrich's early career and the book quotes many letters from Lina both to Heydrich and to her parents. You should enjoy it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm on page 66 Nick! It's a very good read so far. I didn't realise that Heydrich's career path was attained by a misunderstanding and off the back of reading crime books and spy fiction! Interesting how his wife Lina and her parents were such an influence on Heydrich's early career and the book quotes many letters from Lina both to Heydrich and to her parents. You should enjoy it.
    Sounds great! Thanks Adrian

Nick

?

Anything reliable about that man's life and crimes is very, very interesting. I haven't read that book in particular, but I'm sure that you will enjoy it Nick. Look forward to your review!

Cheers,

Carl