Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Collecting WW2 Relics: Any auction houses to avoid . . . or to embrace?

Article about: In my very casual purview of WW2 relics being offered by auction houses, one particular auction company that sells World War Two mementos (particularly German artifacts) seems to have a numb

Default Re: Collecting WW2 Relics: Any auction houses to avoid . . . or to embrace?

This is very enlightening. Auction houses are supposed to be regulated in the U.S. so that they do not sell known fakes. Thanks for the input!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collecting WW2 Relics:  Any auction houses to avoid . . . or to embrace?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collecting WW2 Relics: Any auction houses to avoid . . . or to embrace?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    This isn't an auction house it's just a junkyard !!

+ 1
    I like that.
    I should have thought of that.
    chris

Easy solution Robert. Do what I do and dig them yourself. Admittedly it would involve a lengthy holiday or even a move to Europe, but at least you would be certain on an items authenticity

Quote by Robert666 View Post
    This is very enlightening. Auction houses are supposed to be regulated in the U.S. so that they do not sell known fakes. Thanks for the input!
    The keyword here is "known". Many of them have no idea what is good or bad, and the one's that do can always plead ignorance.

Manion's has a terrible track record. In general, the problem with auctions houses is that they ream you for extra costs - commission, handling, shipping etc. And despite claims of being "experts" on the items offered I think you will find some real ignorance at auctions. If you have a ton of dough and want to work with the real high end auctions with guarantees - go for it. If not, stick with known dealers and some of the folks on this site for purchases. NH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2