Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Color Film of Berlin, July 1945

Article about: A friend sent me this clip and I think all will find it interesting, Amazing HD Color Footage Of Berlin From 1945 Right After End Of WW2 | Bored Panda

Default Color Film of Berlin, July 1945

A friend sent me this clip and I think all will find it interesting, Amazing HD Color Footage Of Berlin From 1945 Right After End Of WW2 | Bored Panda
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Color Film of Berlin, July 1945
    P
    Many

?

Very Interesting. The Police Shakos missing their front plates certainly makes sense, but they look somewhat naked without them.
    Regards,
    John

?

Beautiful footage.

It must have been weird for the German people at the end of the war to not see uniforms everywhere all the time.

?

Thank you Bob. It was nice to see "The Bunker" in color for once.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The rubble movies became a strong genre of the time, and are deeply compelling to me, because when I went to Germany, that is, West Germany, two decades later, it was this period that was the subject of so much of what I learned from the people I came to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcnDJRLszoM

- - ------- - -

or,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSBZLSpD8Q

also of merit.

There is a ton of this stuff in you tube, and it is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeUcJ7_vvw

What a mess...where to begin rebuilding?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    What a mess...where to begin rebuilding?
    You see plainly that piece by piece, the women cleared out the rubble. That's how it happened. I was taught German in university by a woman who belonged to this generation.

If you are under a certain age, then you likely do not have any memory of this. When I started in the FRG in the late 1960s, there was still a goodly chunk of war damage to be seen.

Not everywhere, of course, because the vast bulk of the cities had been rebuilt, but the damage was still present.

The DDR in the 1970s was something else, quite again. When I first went to East Berlin in January, 1975, the Berliner Dom and the Gendarmenmarkt were all total ruins, still.

And the Museums Insel, too, and that until recently, in fact.

I Koeln Sued where I went to university forty years ago, there were lots of damaged buildings, or buildings with shrapnel and splinter damage.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-22-2015 at 08:05 PM.

?

An excellent little look into the past. The hockey mural, I was not expecting. Thank you Bob.

Stunning footage Bob...it definitely gives the a different perspective in color. Such destruction from 1 person...so as 1 match can start a fire.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast