Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Complete list of the Awards/Decorations of Hermann W. Goering

Article about: This is something I found in my files and thought it would be nice to post it here. Johnny R.

Default Re: Complete list of the Awards/Decorations of Hermann W. Goering

Quote by johnnyrocket View Post
    If I remember correctly he instituted the Grand Cross of the Knights Cross and awarded it to himself. I could be wrong about this—but I think I read it somewhere many years ago.
    Sorry, but that story is not true.

The class of the Grand Cross had existed since the birth of the Iron Cross back in 1813 and was then re-instituted with every following incarnation of the Iron Cross, i.e. in 1870, 1914 and 1939.

Re-institued by Hitler on 1 September 1939, the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to Göring on 19th July 1940; he would remain its sole recipient in WW2.

(There were 5 bestowals of this class in the 1813-15 Napoleonic Wars, 9 in the 1870-71 Franco-Prussian War and 5 in World War I.)

Furthermore, it should be noted that as per the 1937 law governing titles, orders and decorations, only Hitler could institute orders and decorations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Complete list of the Awards/Decorations of Hermann W. Goering
    P
    Many

?

No wonder he was a big old boy, carry that lot around on your chest at any one time and youd end up with a permanent limp on your left leg

Default Grand Cross of the Knights Cross

Quote by johnnyrocket View Post
    If I remember correctly he instituted the Grand Cross of the Knights Cross and awarded it to himself. I could be wrong about this—but I think I read it somewhere many years ago.

Johnny R.
    Yes, he had two made. The 'silver' part was Platinum and the 'iron' centre was Black Onyx. I was lucky enough to hold one of them and have a photo of me holding it up to my neck!

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Not bad, but did he really EARN all those ??

Nick
    I think Goering petitioned many government for there order to be given to him...I forget the name of the country that would not give him there highest order but bestowed it to others just to insult him...seems like it was Norway?

Johnny R.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2