Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Das Boot mini serious

Article about: Sorry if this is in the wrong thread mods, but started to watch this appears to have been very well made, available on Sky Atlantic UK 6 part series i believe.

Some people are very easily pleased.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Boot mini serious
    P
    Many

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Some people are very easily pleased.
    "Some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time"

These things have never been technically accurate since El Cid but as I say it's not Die Hard or Death in the Snow Nazi Zombie horror. Plus this is not a documentary. None of the stations in any cop or fire service dramas are places you would want to work either but that's TV for you

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-09-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I'm trying to get to watch the series but the Wifey won't have a bar of it!!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'm trying to get to watch the series but the Wifey won't have a bar of it!!!!
    Tell her it's not a war story but a tale of family loyalties divided by idealogical schism and a social commentary on a distopian epoch of the mid 20th century set against a battle of love and devotion to duty in which good must triumph over evil! Either that or it's a period "bodice ripper". Your choice but they both work, trust me

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Just recalling the original series....a while back, there was tension & the first time I remembered a series in the UK, german made with english subtitles, I was glued every week, as I was about a year later with Heimat, a story of a german family from the end of WW1 to present day (1985 ish), I have fond memories of these as a teenager at the time.
    Regards
    Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Tell her it's not a war story but a tale of family loyalties divided by idealogical schism and a social commentary on a distopian epoch of the mid 20th century set against a battle of love and devotion to duty in which good must triumph over evil! Either that or it's a period "bodice ripper". Your choice but they both work, trust me

Regards

Mark
    Rene: And also tell her it has lots of U-Boob's Sure that will change her mind!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just finished watching this, which is available in the UK on Sky Atlantic.

It is different to the original film, in that it is less interested in the gritty reality of U-Boat life and more concerned with the drama, plots and sub-plots (and a fair bit of nudity too).
    There is as much action on land as on the u-boat, maybe even more.
    Some of the stories are a bit far fetched as well.

That said, as someone who is very interested in anything U-boat related, i still enjoyed the series.
    As good as the original film? Probably not. But, like Mark says - providing you don't take it too seriously - still worth watching.

Nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 10-02-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Just binge watched the whole series and loved every second!! Superb entertainment from the high tension of the resistance sub-plot to the claustrophobic action at sea! Superbly acted too!
    Gets 10 out of 10 from me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Anyone heard if this is, or will be, available in the US?

No idea though I think it would depend on syndication agreements.

Have a look at the International Movie Database https://www.imdb.com/

regards

Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast