Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Das Hakenkreuz...

Article about: Who decided that the Hakenkreuz should be the symbol of the NSDAP? and Who drawed for the first time the symbol on a red flag in a white circle? and When was it for the first time seen?

?

Default Das Hakenkreuz...

Who decided that the Hakenkreuz should be the symbol of the NSDAP?

and

Who drawed for the first time the symbol on a red flag in a white circle?

and

When was it for the first time seen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Hakenkreuz...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Das Hakenkreuz...

In 1920, Adolf Hitler decided that the Nazi Party needed its own insignia and flag. For Hitler, the new flag had to be "a symbol of our own struggle" as well as "highly effective as a poster." (Mein Kampf, pg. 495)

On August 7, 1920, at the Salzburg Congress, this flag became the official emblem of the Nazi Party.

In Mein Kampf, Hitler described the Nazis' new flag: "In red we see the social idea of the movement, in white the nationalistic idea, in the swastika the mission of the struggle for the victory of the Aryan man, and, by the same token, the victory of the idea of creative work, which as such always has been and always will be anti-Semitic." (pg. 496-497)

Because of the Nazis' flag, the swastika soon became a symbol of hate, antisemitism, violence, death, and murder.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you for the intel.

K.

JMM
    ?

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post

and

and

Hi
    After Nick's so good explanation I'd only liked to add that the swastika was not invented by Hitler. Actually is a very old symbol from ancient civilizations. It is still in use today by Indian religions (Hinduism and Buddhism). The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit word svastika that means, any lucky or auspicious object.

?

Thank you, but I allready knew that. :-)

?

Hitler remembered the symbol from his youth as a choirboy in his local church, the symbol was carved in its traditional form into the lintel above the altar....it was indeed hitler that designed the party flag......as with most of these symbols if you reverse the symbol it has the opposite meaning....the traditional swastika represents good luck, reversing it gives it the opposite meaning, and by rotating it gives the symbol a " mobile" moving forward power

JMM
    ?

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post

and

and

Found this sketch copy. It's supposed to be by Hitler himself but I can't confirm...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Das Hakenkreuz...