Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Der Speiss

Article about: Dad told me how he had once confided to his "Speiss" how he was terrified by being bayonetted. His Speiss said " don't worry , they will kill us all but do everything to keep

Default Re: Der Speiss

Thanks Zwerge,

My family is aware of his grave( but thank you so much) all photos and documents were confiscated by allies post war . I cannot express my gratitude in providing me with a face to "Heini" , My family were and still are, extremley proud.

Thank you, Grant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Der Speiss
    P
    Many

?

The website is panzerace.net Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Re : Heinrich - my daughter has the "pure " white hair as well.

?

If you go on Google and type in heinrich reimers then look for panzerace.net it will take you right to it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

My Father told me that Heini would be judged by minutes and hours, strange in today's world

Der Spiess was slang for the "spear" which was an old term for how leaders of battle units were armed with edged weapons such as spears. The tradition was carried on in the German Army. Another slang term applied to Spiess referred to the two strips of braid worn on the sleeve of the uniform. They were comically referred to as "Kolbenringe" or piston rings. NH

Yes, thank you Neil,

The equivilent of a RSM , regardless of rank , daunting!!!!!

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Der Spiess was slang for the "spear" which was an old term for how leaders of battle units were armed with edged weapons such as spears. The tradition was carried on in the German Army. Another slang term applied to Spiess referred to the two strips of braid worn on the sleeve of the uniform. They were comically referred to as "Kolbenringe" or piston rings. NH
    Gents....Neil is correct, although "Speiss" was not a actual rank, but more an honour/position, usually given to the senior NCO of a company, who would act as the Company Feldwebel (with administrative NCO role in the company), until otherwise informed, when the position was relinquished then the the "two rings" would have to be removed ! It is still a position used in the modern German Army, the Bundeswehr, but today the "rings" are not worn, but instead a "Yellow" lanyard over the right shoulder seam.......
    usually accompanied by the "Kompaniefeldwebel qualification/trade badge (the badge with Iron Cross motif), as in the photograph below.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Der Speiss  
    Last edited by oradour; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2