Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Did Adolf Hitler Know English?

Article about: Hello everyone; I'm watching this doc on H2 about the "Nazi Titanic" and they talked about how he loved King Kong and Dr. Goebbels was a Gone with the Wind fan. Anyway they said Go

?

Default Re: Did Adolf Hitler Know English?

He liked our Cowboy movies.. when an American news man asked him "Is it treue what you do to Jews" he said " Is it true what you did to the Indians at Wounded Knee... and Make slaves from your blacks?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did Adolf Hitler Know English?
    P
    Many

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Luftwaffe.html
    This was found by a quick search about it.

A book has recently been published on this very subject 'The Hitlers of Liverpool' - but the story rests on the authenticity of the Bridget Dowling diaries 'My Brother-in-Law Adolf'. I could only find it listed here at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Live...2725887&sr=1-1

..but here is also a link to the story behind the book and a forthcoming documentary featured in the Daily Mail from last year I think.

I once spent an afternoon in Rochdale and at the time there was a sign outside the town hall with a history of the building. Neo-Gothic in design and now Grade 1 listed it suggested that Hitler admired the building so much that he planned to have it moved to Germany brick-by-brick after the invasion.

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    This was found by a quick search about it.
    Interesting.

?

I was always told that he spoke to Chamberlin in good English, when he gave him all the assurances

Quote by davejb View Post
    I was always told that he spoke to Chamberlin in good English, when he gave him all the assurances
    I think Himmler was the only one who didnt speak any English.

?

Adolf Hitler did not live in Liverpool. Nor did he, "as the story goes", spare the city from heavy bombing due to his love of the place. Liverpool was among the heaviest hit of all UK towns and cities during the war. The docks in particular, where often targeted. A novel, written many years ago, I believe was written after the author heard a story based on the relative who ran a cafe on Bold Street in the centre, a street that I used to work on myself. I remember hearing that the book ends with Adolf deciding that Liverpool wasn't for him, and shot himself...perhaps in The Cavern Club. You will find many folk on the streets of Liverpool will tell you "yeah, ee woz 'ere mate", but he wasn't. It's an urban myth, that somebody has dug up and given a bit of a polish.

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 11-12-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added info...

According to Alan Bullock, Hitler: A Study in Tyranny (1962), from August 1910 until the outbreak of WWI in 1914, Hitler was in Vienna and later Munich. Joachim Fest says the same thing in his Hitler biography, Hitler (1973). Both men are recognized as exceptional historians who have a solid reputation for accuracy based on extensive primary source research. If Hitler had lived in Liverpool, they would have reported it. As for Hitler speaking English in order to watch American films, it wasn't necessary because by the mid-1930's American films were dubbed in nearly every European language, and the major studios maintained dubbing studios throughout Europe. Dwight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2