Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

erich priebke

Article about: lads just wondering if anybody has an address for erich as id like to get a picture signed by him, thanks andy fitz

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    For example we do not talk much about the warcrimes commited during the Napolion wars and do not call these soldiers and officers war criminals. And if someone is really interested in war criminals there are a plenty of them still walking for free - in previous USSR, Jugoslavia, Poland, Czech Republic etc. The only difference between Priebke and them is that Priebke was a "nazi".
    I have great respect for all soldiers from all nations who fought for their countries bravely and honorably, just as I equally despise the war criminals from all nations.

Rest assured that if this thread had been about the wish for an autograph of a Russian, Yugoslavian, Polish, Czech or whatever war criminal, I would have found it every bit as offensive. Yes, indeed, an NKVD-, Ustasha-, Khmer Rouge-, Taliban- (etc. etc.) murderer is obviously no better than an SS one.

Fact is that this thread is not about one of those, but about Priebke specifically, and there simply is no point at all in bringing them into play.

It is also a fact that Priebke was actively involved and in - and partially responsible for - an act of mass murder - not even an excess of violence committed in the heat and confusion of a battle, mind you, but a cold-hearted mass execution of helpless civilians - and that he was unrepentant and unapologetic to the last.

That he was a "Nazi" is actually of very little interest to me in this context.

What uniform a man wears or under which label he goes is not important to me. It's what he does that matters.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement erich priebke
    P
    Many

RIF Erich Priebke, deine Ehre wahr treue.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    RIF Erich Priebke, deine Ehre wahr treue.
    This man was convicted of War Crimes and i will not allow this thread to become some glorification of him !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A war criminal nothing more nothing less, i certainly wont mourn him. The Catholic church has a lot to answer for in aiding his escape to Argentina, i don't mean to knock anybodies faith but a fact is a fact!...

It would have been interesting to meet him for the same reasons that it might have been interesting to meet Bernie Madoff or Charles Manson. I agree with Andreas. Just because the guy was a war criminal in the 40's and not in the 90's, it doesn't make him any less of a scumbag. I hope he died a slow, agonizing death like any war criminal deserves.

I am perpetually confused by the way in which some people hold WWII-era war criminals in high regard. This guy was no saint, don't respect him like one.

If the person is dead - that is all. The end. And it does not matter any more what he did during his life and what did did not. R.I.P. means Rest in Peace and it shows only respect to the person who is now gone forever and can not defend himself anymore. And no matter what anyone did during his life, I belive everyone deserves respect when he is gone.

Nobody said that Priebke was an angel or a hero. But to hope that someone will die a slow, agonizing death... Well, such wishes will often come true in a very strange way. So better do not make such wish.

De mortuis nihil nisi bene

Let´s close, guys !

erich priebke

I despair!....

Its sad in a way to see all the people the were really there die. Like the veterans of ww1 the veternas of ww2 are nearly all gone.
    Priebke was convicted of war crimes after the war, but he also was a soldier who was there, and friend or foe; I find it sad old soldiers die and we are left wih just stories from books.

F**k him. He got to live for 50 years in the sun after the war, no justice here and he shouldn't even be remembered. House arrest..... they should have parachuted him into Tel Aviv, hogtied in full uniform.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2