Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

F.p.n. 12004

Article about: I have a p38 holster with the F.P.N. 12004 'field post number' written on the inside with the owners name, after some research i got two different units, Kolonne Infantry- regiment 388, and,

Default F.p.n. 12004

I have a p38 holster with the F.P.N. 12004 'field post number' written on the inside with the owners name, after some research i got two different units, Kolonne Infantry- regiment 388, and, Kommando 25th panzer div, why are there two different units with this number? and how do i research this solider?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.p.n. 12004
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: F.p.n. 12004

Your research is correct all that happened was that that number was removed to the first unit and then allocated to the Kdo 25 Panzer Div !! This took place in January 1942 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: F.p.n. 12004

Thank you so much, the holster is dated 1943 so that narrows it down, as for the name, "Gefr Franz" anyway of finding out what happened to this guy?