Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmäger in the Kursk -- Vornonezh region border area?

Article about: Just wondering if anyone knows what Fallschirmjäger unit/units might have been in this area --- this concerns a FJ helmet found on the border between the Kursk and Voronezh regions and appar

Default Fallschirmäger in the Kursk -- Vornonezh region border area?

Just wondering if anyone knows what Fallschirmjäger unit/units might have been in this area --- this concerns a FJ helmet found on the border between the Kursk and Voronezh regions and apparently the local saying is that there was a Fallschirmjâger drop made way off target. Searching through Google I have been unable to find any matches as far as FJ units go.... hope someone can help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmäger in the Kursk -- Vornonezh region border area?
    P
    Many

bump

Bumping this one last time --- I stress that I am NOT after specific info, just names of FJ units that may have been in the vicinity... FJ history is really not my area.

One more bump before giving up on this one --- any related FJ info appreciated

Hello,
    I'm not very specialized on FJ troops....have a look there :

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

I have found some FJ Regiments in Russia, but none in Kursk so far...i didn't check them to the end...good luck...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Will do --- appreciate the effort and link! Like I said, it would seem that these Fallschirmjägers were dropped way off target so I would be looking for the closest thing, so to speak... will keep digging

You might want to try the Axis History Forum as they have a dedicated FJ section but with regards to a para drop I wouldn't be surprised if it is mistaken folklore. As far as I know FJ's were employed as ground troops in Russia, and none fought at Kursk in 1943.

Thank you, Hucks! I may not be correct in saying that they were definitely "dropped" but there was a small grouping of FJ helmets found in this area (a pretty nondescript one, really...that border region covers quite a bit of distance) no matter how the soldiers initially got there - remains were later found separate from the equipment (a total of 5 I believe). Possibly captured, stripped of equipment and then later executed? Who knows... it's an interesting one though, considering the area and all---