Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager Project

Article about: Hello Gents, Just some advice & ideas if you will??,I'm thinking of next year starting a new project...A couple reasons really 1 to carry out some research on the matter & 2 to slow

?

Default Fallschirmjager Project

Hello Gents, Just some advice & ideas if you will??,I'm thinking of next year starting a new project...A couple reasons really 1 to carry out some research on the matter & 2 to slow down spending "new conservatory in bound"..So I have come up with an idea of making up a Fallschirmjager man "dummy" Im going to use re-pro kit because it is a lot cheaper & I think it will look the same to me...Ive been looking at Zib on here & they seem to have a lot of good looking kit..Has anybody used them before??& whats your thinking on them?

I would like some help on the little details of the man on the day..I cant get to my books as they are 3700 miles away & I wont be home until December, thats when I will drag my books out & have a good look..at the uniforms....So let me know what you think men? & if you have any tippy top tips that would great...Oh by the way I was thinking 1944 Western front , D-day,Ardenne,etc....I know its a bit of a long shot..but he Who Dares Wins Rodney....Thanks for your time & help Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager  Project
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirmjager Project

Hi Terry, I would honestly save your money.

You have some good original kit. Having repro items, even as "fillers" I think debases an historic collection. Nothing worse than showing a collection, then having to explain this and that are fake/repro.

The kit seems ok.

You would need:

FJ Helmet & camo cover
    shirt
    fliegerbluse
    special field grey jump trousers
    Jump boots
    smock, splinter or tan water pattern
    belt & Luftwaffe buckle
    ammo bandoleer
    usual field gear of mess tin, bread bag, water bottle, bayonet

All this is going to add up to a fair bit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade thanks for reply the problem being is MONEY.....lol..A helmet alone will cost me an arm & a leg..I might have to re-think my plan???? maybe a soldier who is going to the shower...that way I will only need towel & soap on a rope!!!! lol..I was looking for something a little more challenging but doesnt cost the earth!!! Im happy with my weapons collection at the moment...so im not sure?? "Ill be back" as he says....Cheers for your time Terry.

?

Terry, I agree with Ade.

Why bother spending your money on repro kit when you can spend it on original pieces? Sure, the originals will cost more but they are artifacts from history. You can still research the FJ without buying repro kit and if you have to slow down the spending, well, just slow it down. It will be false economy to keep the volume coming in yet spending less if you're buying repros.

You don't have to think big and go for a dummy, think smaller and buy original. If you get a repro set up, one day you'll look at it and think "what the hell was I thinking?" and realise that all the money you spent could've been used towards something original.

You can make a decent FJ setup without a dummy.

A helmet or maybe a visor cap, put it on a dummy head, add a para badge, a gravity knife, an EK1 and a woundbadge, some collar tabs and shoulder boards, maybe a piece of equipment and a map perhaps, arrange it all around the headger and put it behind glass. Then you'll have a good display of authentic items and won't have wasted your cash!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Terry, if you bought that lot, you might as well take up re-enacting as it is more or less the full kit.

Money certainly is the problem.....

A torso form would require less kit, if you just had the helmet (sans cover) and the fliegerbluse and belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Cheers Guys you hit the nail on the heed!!!. What was I thinking???..I fancied a crusher cap or two..So I will go back to plan A & collect whatever I fancy...Just think smaller prices lol....Its hard when you see something & you want it yesterday???lol.. nope I 100% argee with you gents I must of been having a brain fart!!! Thanks for your time..keep your eyes peeled for a crusher cap in the new year...Cheers Terry.