Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldgendarmerie Abteilung 682 request for Information.

Article about: Hello, I was hoping someone could assist me with some information regarding the above unit. I have a large amount of paperwork relating to a Oberwachtmeister in the 1st Kompanie covering the

Default Feldgendarmerie Abteilung 682 request for Information.

Hello, I was hoping someone could assist me with some information regarding the above unit.

I have a large amount of paperwork relating to a Oberwachtmeister in the 1st Kompanie covering the period 1939 to postwar. I am particually interested in the units movements during 1945 as the group includes a diary for this period, a pass issued to his wife at Seelowe on 27th march and a map annotated 'our march into captivity detailing a route and stops beginning to the east of the Elbe ( crossing at havelberg ) heading West.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Robin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Abteilung 682 request for Information.
    P
    Many

Feldgendarmerie-Abt. 682
    Aufgestellt 25.8.1939 im WK VII mit Hilfe der Ordnungspolizei zu 3 Kpen
    Einsatz: Polen, Frankreich; Südrußland (1941/43 1. PzArmee; 1943/44 HGr Süd, Nordukraine); zuletzt bei HGr. A, Mitte in Schlesien

Feldgendarmerie-Abteilung (mot.) 682 - Einheiten der Eisenbahn und sonstige Einheiten - Forum der Wehrmacht
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello lebus,

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much what I managed to find on a search. i was hoping that I could flesh out the bones of this. In the diary he names friend killed and seriously injured between 16 and 18 April. I feel the unit could have been in the Oderbruch area then but would like to confirm this. It appears that he made his way to the west surrendering to the Americans. I hope to be able to discover what route the unit may have taken and if it went via Halbe.

What are the names of those killed? If they are not too common and with the aid of the year of death narrowing it down to 1945 they might be listed in the Volksbund Database and their entries might list where they were killed.

Thanks Hucks,

Good idea, I believe the date of entry is the date of death. My chap mentions its the fiercest battle of the war he has been in.