Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FJ Sturm Regiment and Crete Veteran query

Article about: Hi all Any extra history on the following FJ, Oberjaeger who fought in Crete, and went on to also fight in Russia, and by the looks of it, Normandy as well. (wounded 8th June 1944), anything

?

Nice non-facsimile sigs of Kurt Student too. Just from looking, I think the Ostmedaille doc is signed by II. Battalion commander Major Walther Gericke, but I have to check if the dates even correspond. I know there is a very detailed book of LL Sturm Rgt (& SA Koch) written by a WAF member that came out less than a year ago, who interviewed some of the vets, but it is only available in German, and I cant remember the name off the top of my head. In it, a lot of lower ranked men were named. My guy is a DkiG holder, and I am still having trouble researching specific info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Sturm Regiment and Crete Veteran query
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Bob as i've been away quite a bit over the last few months i missed this post , superb document grouping and just to add he isn't listed in the Volksbund database !!
    Thanks Paul, I really appreciate the information.

Bill, you are really getting me excited with your finds too, you have some e-mails heading your way....

Best wishes

Bob

?

Can anyone help with IV Battalions actions in Russia? We have Kreta covered very well. Maybe someone with the book "The Blue Comet" can chime in here.....

Dear Bob and Bill,

I am new to the forum. Why? Because I found - absolute incredible - by accident this thread, and my father was also in 15./Sturmregiment. I have almost the same papers. At the very last picture I saw my father, can't believe that, right now I am almost crying. Years of searching at the Bund Deutscher Fallschirmjäger, in their magazine, no reply. Now by accident clicks in the interent - a comrade found after 20 years searching.
    I own that book "der blaue Komet" and phoned with the autor years ago, but he was too old for more information.
    I would be very very glad if you could get in contact with me.

Bill, the signature of Student is a faksimile, I see that on my Kreta document.

All the best,

Falk (Germany)

?

I know Bob is around but I haven't heard from Bill in over a Year. He did some photo colorization for me involving my Uncle Joe and the B17 crew he flew with. It looks like Bill's last activity was on "04-13-2015 08:35 AM"

I have sent him a PM several days ago to see if all was well, But have had no reply as of today.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Just saw this, will respond asap....

Dear Phil,

Thank you very much for helping me out in this for me very important topic.

Best regards,
    Falk
    Glück ab

?

Welcome to the forum , it shows the power of the internet in a good way allowing information to be exchanged and contact from folk who would otherwise never get in touch with each other !

I'm not sure what has happened with Bill i know he was busy with a number of issues at home but as been pointed out has not been here for along time !! Hope all is okay with him !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I hope I can puzzle things about the 15. together now a little bit...

Denise Shirey
    ?

My grandfather, Roland Piesk, died on March 2nd, 1942 died defending the Schaikowka Airfield in Russia. He also fought in Crete. He was in the third Batallion in Crete:

20.5.41 - 2.6.41: Crete/Maleme
    9.41: Petrochino
    15.1.42 - 3.42: Juchnov, Schaikovka, Schlüsselburg and Mius
    mid-42: redesignated III./Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment 5

He died a day before his 22nd birthday almost a month and a half before my other was born. I have tried to find his grave in Russia but I was told by Berlin that the location site of the grave: Schajkowka, row 7, grave 349. He was was buried on the Soldier Cemetery at the airbase. "Altogether there are 636 notices of loss for this ground. Today this area is overbuild with a garage complex, so a repositioning/transfer of remains is sadly impossible." Does anyone know more of this battle or have a photo of the graves before the Russians destroyed them? The VOLKSBUND issued a 100 volume documentation of all known persons dead or lost during the war in Russia, in which your grandfathers particulars/identification papers listed. The documentation, right now 1.060.000 names right now, is not complete, it is updated periodically with new volumes. The books are preserved in the exhibition and remembrance room in the, from the Volksbund rebuild, church “Maria Himmelfahrt” in Solobukowka be St Petersburg(Leningrad). The Church, right next to the german Soldier Cemetery and the ‘Friedenspark’, was used as a military hospital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2