Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.

Article about: It's the totally low level SS knowledge of Charles Sydnor that drives me insane. I was going to post a list of what I consider generally "must have" books that combine both history

Default German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.

German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6, Polizei Division and Police Units: Luger to Wode, Independent Senior SS/Polizei Commanders, by Mark C. Yerger.

This is a one of a kind outstanding biographical study done by the leading SS and Polizei research-historian.

A must have for everyone who is interested in the SS and the Police.

Yerger shows in his book how historical research should be done.

Well and clear written, 320 pages, 115 photos, further on German Cross in Gold recommendations, award documents and information on the recipients.

Majority of photos and illustrations is not published before.

Extra information is provided by 394 footnotes.

Again and again one will find information in his book(s) that is not available elsewhere.

And again his publisher Roger James Bender turned Mark’s thorough research in a very handy sized book, printed on high quality paper and very well bound, making it a superb book.

German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.
    “sapientem non urinat in ventum”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.

This book is the 6th book of Mark Yergers DKiG series , i have the editions on Das Reich and Nordland his work on this series is outstanding and highly recommended as are all his previous works he is one of the top SS Historians / reseachers !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Has anybody got any pictures of the inside of these books???. I've just seen them on Amazon & wondering if there are worth a buy??. Cheers Terry.

?

Terry if you are interested in the Waffen SS the books are definately worth buying theycontain much bio info on the DKiG winners all accompanied by rare photos !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Now, where have I seen the name of that author before....!

?

Yes Paul interested in the DKiG more than the SS side of things!! I was wondering if there are plenty of pictures?? lol I like looking at pictures without sounding too simple!!!!..I won't be buying any copies this side of April as I am all spent out!!!.. But I have saved them in my Amazon wishlist lol.. Cheers Terry.

Publisher site shows some interior pages

They are, no disrespect intended, not "mindless photo books" which I personally detest. But I have noticed SS signed photo or document collectors who don't have them seem to spend a lot of money on a lot of fake junk, same as my Allgemmeine-SS book. Why people buy a document that they have no clue who signed (or should have) it I'll never know. See it all the time.

At a show last year and an "expert" followed by a click of "fans" told my friend Allgemeine-SS cufftitles above a certain number are fake. Studio portrait in the Allgemeine-SS book book (out for over 15 years) showing that's obviously false. It's like anything, learn or get burned. Rather amazing (worse) how much "big name" dealers are completely clueless about. A fancy website, being on Wikepedia or TV, a worthless "Certificate of Authenticity," all mean zero. Those who spend $5,000 on a piece of junk a $40 book could avoid are, well, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. One of the reasons I prefer to attend shows with no name tag and stay low profile. I go to be entertained

But happy to help those who ask without assuming I'm a free-full-time-data-service. A 30 yers to build archive involves more than the average militaria collection. But I LOVE proving things bad to help buyers who've been burned get their money back. Largest in documents: a $7,000 pair of fake Waffen-SS documents a year-and-a-half ago.

?

Agree.
    There is a general 'dumbing down' in regards to sources.
    Readily available Wiki sources seem to be the answer to all for some people.
    (I use Wiki myself of course - but looks elsewhere for the important stuff or when the stakes are high).
    I was recently ridiculed for drawing the credibility of Wikipedia into question in regards to an unrelated subject on a different forum.
    I kept asking the doubting Thomases, as to why they thought I didnt believe all that is Wikipedia, which they never came up with an answer to.
    In the end I just let them run with it - if you dont doubt all that is Wikipedia or at least seek other more credible sources to back up the info found there for obvious reasons, you deserve all you get.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Agree.
    There is a general 'dumbing down' in regards to sources.
    Readily available Wiki sources seem to be the answer to all for some people.
    (I use Wiki myself of course - but looks elsewhere for the important stuff or when the stakes are high).
    I was recently ridiculed for drawing the credibility of Wikipedia into question in regards to an unrelated subject on a different forum.
    I kept asking the doubting Thomases, as to why they thought I didnt believe all that is Wikipedia, which they never came up with an answer to.
    In the end I just let them run with it - if you dont doubt all that is Wikipedia or at least seek other more credible sources to back up the info found there for obvious reasons, you deserve all you get.
    Bravo. Wikapedia is equal to coloring books or comic books.

One of my readers, on his own, wrote a bio on what I did and submitted it to Wikapedia after several dealers ended up on it as "authorities."

They rejected what he wrote as "can't confirm an authority."

Do a search of my last name on Wikepedia and see how many times I'm used as a source for SS

It's 1 inch above the History Channel, and that's something I watch with my stereo on. 3 guys seem to be the authority on EVERYTHING and one of them gets his 30+ years old book flashed under his name even though it's riddled with errors.

Enough rant by me, I generally ignore. Just do what I do and assume the dozen + books I've done educated some or otherwise were enjoyed. And since I've never been turned down by a publisher I must be doing something right. They sell.

But I readily admit, other than the intelligentsia among SS / photo / document collectors, except for 2 titles 75% of those who buy my books are history readers rather than militaria collectors.

And just for humor, most of my archive is letters, microfilm, document xeroxes, etc. Maybe 200 SS related books. But another 600-700 volumes are on WW II aircraft !!

?

Quote by Mark C Yerger View Post
    Publisher site shows some interior pages

They are, no disrespect intended, not "mindless photo books" which I personally detest. But I have noticed SS signed photo or document collectors who don't have them seem to spend a lot of money on a lot of fake junk, same as my Allgemmeine-SS book. Why people buy a document that they have no clue who signed (or should have) it I'll never know. See it all the time.

At a show last year and an "expert" followed by a click of "fans" told my friend Allgemeine-SS cufftitles above a certain number are fake. Studio portrait in the Allgemeine-SS book book (out for over 15 years) showing that's obviously false. It's like anything, learn or get burned. Rather amazing (worse) how much "big name" dealers are completely clueless about. A fancy website, being on Wikepedia or TV, a worthless "Certificate of Authenticity," all mean zero. Those who spend $5,000 on a piece of junk a $40 book could avoid are, well, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. One of the reasons I prefer to attend shows with no name tag and stay low profile. I go to be entertained

But happy to help those who ask without assuming I'm a free-full-time-data-service. A 30 yers to build archive involves more than the average militaria collection. But I LOVE proving things bad to help buyers who've been burned get their money back. Largest in documents: a $7,000 pair of fake Waffen-SS documents a year-and-a-half ago.
    I can only concur with the sentiments expressed Mark that's why i buy your books and ones of a similar high standard of research and my book case is full of them !! For me researching the documents , the signatures /photos and the men behind them is the most interesting part of the hobby but i fear we are possibly in the minority .

We now as a result of the reality TV shows , History channel et al have the cult of the celebrity " expert " Militaria " dealer whose word is final and must be taken as gospel

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast