Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.

Article about: It's the totally low level SS knowledge of Charles Sydnor that drives me insane. I was going to post a list of what I consider generally "must have" books that combine both history

Default Re: German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.

It's the totally low level SS knowledge of Charles Sydnor that drives me insane.

I was going to post a list of what I consider generally "must have" books that combine both history and militaria value data but being new am clueless where to post it.

I assume one be "PC for TV" and that's why authorities on various aspects of, for example, the SS and NOT on TV. Do not take this as inferring I know all, I do not and have more questions now then when I started serious original archive material research 30 years ago. My only areas (if I'm asked) that I do with some degree of competence are biographical research and formation/installation physical development.

I'd have people like George Nipe explain battles, etc. Instead it's the blithering idiots club. But one also must remember that TV,, at least in the US, is on the 12-14 years old mental level (actual statement).

And thanks for your comment on my books and for the other authors you purchase. Few grasp the time, cost, and effort involved that is a total negative regarding any financial gain. There isn't enough money on the earth to put myself through what I've done. Other motivators are required. With German Cross 7 and 8 with the publish, must remind myself that daily now. Volume 9 is a damn nightmare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross In Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 6.
    P
    Many

I just checked out your works on Amazon Mark and wow, you are quite the prolific author! I don't know where to start!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I just checked out your works on Amazon Mark and wow, you are quite the prolific author! I don't know where to start!
    Depending on interest some are better than others though each 1 of type topic books. Some have more updated research in certain aspects, etc. Any questions feel free to PM.

Mark

?

Again i can only agree with your comments , it would be wonderful to have someone of George Nipe's knowledge giving insight to a documentary on Kursk or Kharkov ( i have all his excellent books as well ) instead of some " celebrity TV " Historian whose knowlwdge of events is minimal and probably read only an hour before filming , but that won't get in the way of the TV Companies !!

I think this would be a good section for a thread on must have books so please post your thoughts hopefuly it will assist members in not wasting money on somne of the low end productions that are out there !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2