Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler?

Article about: by drmessimer 4thskorpion: I'm pretty sure you wil achieve your goal. Dwight .

Default Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler?

Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler

Has anyone read this book? I am looking for an interesting new read
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler?

I had a glance at it in the local book store (dymocks Australia), the book itself is a good read........but some of the points of Hitlers supposed escape are a bit out of proportion. A good read if you are interested in the unknown.
    Morris

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler

Has anyone read this book? I am looking for an interesting new read

Hello,
    I got it soon after it was first released, it's a good read but most of it is the writers imagination. I believe he says something along the lines of "the evidence is unclear
    So this is how we assume it happened" almost all of the escape journey is based on the assumption.
    Finally I think the book was hard to get into as for first half of the book it goes on about things such as how the nazis collected art and extorted money.

I can believe the collected / "stolen art" and the extortion part of the book.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks chaps... just ordered the book from Amazon, should hit my doormat tomorrow!

I was going to buy "Devils Guard" Waffen-SS in Vietnam but didn't know which of the several available was the "best" ?

I thought the book very interesting, whether or not you believe the books main arguement it gives an insight into ways in which money and art could have been used to finance the escape and upkeep of escaping nazi's as well as the proliferation and influence of them in South America.

These books can be fun. It's a good time reading about "what ifs" and "might have beens". I don't know if I'd buy it but I'd borrow it from a library.

I am sure that members of this Forum are not going to buy into the silliness of the authors' thesis. But I do caution you to read this carefully and apply generous amounts of critical thinking. The problem with the book is that the authors make no use of historical process and rely on innuendo and inferred opinion to form conclusions that have no bases in historical or scientific fact. They make a claim and then fail to offer supporting evidence to support the claim, as when they wrote "There is absolutely no accepted forensic evidence of Martin Bormann's supposed death..." (see below) And there are several examples of gross historical errors, all of which are easily recognized. For example, U880 and U518, which according to the authors transported Hitler and his group to Argentina, were both sunk during the war. The USS Stanton Frost sank U880 off the Azores on 16 April 1945, and USS Carter and the USS Neal A Scott sank U518 in the same area on 22 April 1945. This book falls into the same trash history category as Fred Rubino's, The Nazi Princess: The Final Deception (2005) which I reviewed on Amazon several years ago. Below are reviews by two other historians of Gray Wolf with which I agree. Dwight

I have a real problem with this book after the first few pages. In the preface of the book we have the following statement. "There is absolutely no accepted forensic evidence of Martin Bormann's supposed death; in 1998 German officials claimed that a skeleton buried near the Reichstag matched the DNA of an elderly relative of Bormann's.... Bormann's family refused to accept the findings." This is a deliberate distortion of the facts. In 1972 his supposed body was identified by dental and skeletal records. In 1998 it was conclusively identified by DNA testing to be Bormann using DNA matching to one of Bormann's elderly relatives. there was no doubt and there remains none. There was no controversy. Bormann's family refused to accept the body in 1972, not the findings in 1998. If this is the quality of the research in this book, don't bother buying it. The authors are trying to deceive the reader by not being upfront with the real facts. The book falls if Bormann died, which he did. This is tabloid journalism, don't buy the book.

The story of Hitler's escape is truly a mixture of "Dichtung und Wahrheit" (fiction and truth), unfortunately not much of the latter. The fact that this work is at the top of the Best Seller lists is a reflection of the lack of history education today; the tendency of American readers to believe any conspiracy theory nonsense; and the effect that the sensationalist media has - it sort of shows how Glenn Beck and Newt Gingrich can be regarded as serious historians. As a trained historian and one who has specialized in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union I was expecting far more.

I am looking for escapism (excuse the pun) rather than anything too serious

4thskorpion: I'm pretty sure you wil achieve your goal. Dwight

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast