MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report.

Article about: On 9 March 1933, during the Nazi putsch that deposed the Bavarian government of Minister-President Heinrich Held, Müller had advocated to his superiors using force against the Nazis.[5] Iron

?

On 9 March 1933, during the Nazi putsch that deposed the Bavarian government of Minister-President Heinrich Held, Müller had advocated to his superiors using force against the Nazis.[5] Ironically, these views aided Müller's rise as it guaranteed the hostility of the Nazis, thereby making Müller very dependent upon the patronage of Reinhard Heydrich, who in turn appreciated Müller's professionalism and skill as a policeman, and was aware of Müller's past, making Müller rely upon Heydrich's protection.[5]

The guy was a professional police officer, he wasn't even a member of the NSDAP before 1933, some hard-line Nazi !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report.
    P
    Many

I hope he died an unpleasant death, I think he was a prick. Just my opinion.

Quote by EddyR View Post
    On 9 March 1933, during the Nazi putsch that deposed the Bavarian government of Minister-President Heinrich Held, Müller had advocated to his superiors using force against the Nazis.[5] Ironically, these views aided Müller's rise as it guaranteed the hostility of the Nazis, thereby making Müller very dependent upon the patronage of Reinhard Heydrich, who in turn appreciated Müller's professionalism and skill as a policeman, and was aware of Müller's past, making Müller rely upon Heydrich's protection.[5]

The guy was a professional police officer, he wasn't even a member of the NSDAP before 1933, some hard-line Nazi !
    A cringing lackey to whoever was his superior is the kindest way to describe him, he'd have shot his own family if he'd been ordered to!....

- - ------- - -

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I hope he died an unpleasant death, I think he was a prick. Just my opinion.
    I'll second that Bruce!...

Cheers Paul!

Some other theory states that both Heinrich Muller and "Kripo" chief Arthur Nebe..were captured by the allies..for their Knowledge of security. Nothing proves it true as does Martin Bormann escaping to So. America. Dental records IMO do not prove anything and anyone can fabricate anything if something is to remain in hiding. I can believe though Bormann was possibly killed trying to escape Berlin as there was not a clear cut path through battle tron streets. Hard to prove anything in some cases. Himmler remains to be buried in an unmarked grave.........Or?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by EddyR View Post
    Muller was hardly a hard-line Nazi, prior to the Nazi taking over in 1933 as a senior police officer he'd been happy to make life hard for the NSDAP. Like a lot of the Gestapo officers I don't think he was too worried who he worked for.
    'Gestapo' Müller was a hardline bureaucrat for whom ever was in power.

By the end of the war the word "Gestapo" was synonymous with Terror and Brutality...As stated, he was at the Wannsee Conference determining the fate of Europe's Jews...He wouldn't have been treated kindly by the Allies and surely deserved to be hung at Nurnberg with the rest of them...He wasn't simply a normal policeman...This is such a "no-brainer" to me, lol....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    He actually escaped as far as the area behind the Lehrter Bahnhof with Stumpfegger before being shot down by the Soviets , this was part of the Coordinated escape attempt from the Friedrichstrasse Bahnhof led by Ziegler andf Monhke and Tanks and SPW's of the Nordland Division with the intention of heading for the Humbolthain FLAK Turm , it wasn't succesful as nearly all were captured or killed but certainly not a half hearted attempt !!
    Actually Lehrter Bahnhof is not far from the Weidendammer Brücke, but all is relative of course. I can recommend other forum members a trip to Berlin for a spot of WWII 'After the Battle' touring, its well worth it IMO.

Not half hearted? Well, again its relative.
    Id call a last minute (actuall well after 'twelve o'clock') going back and forth escape ending in ones unintended death for half hearted, but thats just me.
    Bormann went to the Weidendammer bridge and TURNED BACK in order to go towards the Lehrter Bahnhof.
    A well planned determined attempt of fleeing might have succeeded what ever their goal was.
    Nothing in any records, that I have read points to anything less than a too late half hearted attempt.
    But discussing that further is just splitting hairs, so lets refrain from that.

Anyway, its correct that he was killed near Lehrter - on the way there he passed the Weidendammer and turned back.

For a very interesting look at the route, take a peek here Info/map/links below). I just found this a little while ago and found it interesting.

'At 23:00 hours the mass escape began. Moving in small groups, they proceeded underground, as planned, to the Friedrichstrasse station. Here they emerged to find the ruins of Berlin in flames, and Russian shells bursting everywhere around them. The first group managed to cross the river Spree by an iron footbridge that ran parallel to the Weidendammer Bridge. The remaining groups likewise emerged at the Friedrichstrasse Station, but there became confused and disoriented. They made their way north along the Friedrichstrasse to the Weidendammer Bridge, where they found their way blocked, at the bridge's north end, by an anti-tank barrier and heavy Russian fire.

They next withdrew to the south end of the bridge, where they were soon joined by a few German tanks. Gathering about the tanks, they again pressed forward. Bormann, Artur Axmann (head of the Hitler Youth), Ludwig Stumpfegger (Hitler's surgeon), and others followed the lead tanks as far as the Ziegelstrasse. There a panzerfaust struck the lead tank. The violent explosion stunned Bormann and Stumpfegger, and wounded Axmann. All retreated to the Weidendammer Bridge.

Now it was every man for himself. Bormann, Stumpfegger, Axmann, and others followed the tracks of the surface railway to the Lehrter station. There Bormann and Stumpfegger decided to follow the Invalidienstrasse east. Axmann elected to go west, but encountered a Russian patrol and returned on the path Bormann and Stumpfegger had taken. He soon found them. Behind the bridge, where the Invalidienstrasse crosses the railroad tracks, they lay on their backs, the moonlight on their faces. Both were dead. Axmann could see no signs of an explosion, and assumed that they had been shot in the back. He continued on his way, escaping from Berlin and spending the next six months hiding out with the Hitler Youth in the Bavarian Alps, where he was eventually captured.'

In any event, I understand that Bormann was not shot by the Russians, as glass shards was supposedly found amongst the teeth in his skull when found decades later by Berlin city workers during construction.
    Bormann might have bitten down on a glass cyanide ampule upon finding all roads blocked and his escape attempt from the bunker futile.

ACHTUNG!
    Map of Bormanns escape route
    Conventional Map of The Escape Route of Martin Bormann

ACTUNG version deux - animated map of the Bormann escape route!!!
    Animated Map of The Escape Route of Martin Bormann

Source, further info, pics of Friedrichstrasse and not least the Weidendammer Brücke (random site - I dont vouch for anything on the site)
    The Weidendammer Bridge

The Friedrichstrasse

The Escape Route of Martin Bormann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report.  

?

Bormann was found at the 'Invaliedenstrasse' to be excact.

Here his (at that time) relatively well preserved skull after excavation.
    Note condition of the teeth.

Also a pic of what most likeliy is Bormanns skull and that of Stumpfegger (both found with glass shards in their teeth).

Last but not least and for no other reason than to lighten the sombre mood in regards to the subject of Müller and Bormann, a pic of a namesake - the German actor Susanne Bormann. Somewhat better looking IMO.

Bormann's remains were cremated, and the ashes scattered in the Baltic Sea by Bormann's son Martin Adolf Bormann, a Roman Catholic and retired priest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report.   Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report.  

Attached Images Attached Images Heinrich Müller "buried in Jewish cemetery", new report. 

?

Interestingly, one Bormann did manage to escape Berlin in late april 1945; Albert Bormann - who also worked closely with Hitler and was the brother of Martin B - never wrote his memoirs and lived quietly until he passed away in 1989.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast